Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2017, 11:46   #46

Boat: 2011 Leopard 44
Re: Catamaran vs Monohull sailing for Families

Jon,
I have had the opportunity to sail both. I now own a Leopard 44. We sail with our two children and often add in a best friend/cousin to join us as well. Hands down I prefer the comfort and stability of the cat. Average sailing list on a monohull = 30 degrees, cat = 3 degrees = wine glass stays in place! With four individual berths and heads, everyone has the privacy they require occasionally during longer stints at sea. I believe both designs are safe as long as the skipper has the knowledge and respect required for the voyage at hand. My sons' input: cats are very easy to learn to maneuver. I would totally agree, those two engines working together allow for very fine maneuvering when required. Due to the shallow draft you can certainly get wind effect on your cat when birthing but with just a little experience your confidence and skill level will grow exponentially.
NextChapter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 11:19   #47

Re: Catamaran vs Monohull sailing for Families

Appreciate the input from everyone.
JonCharles66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran, hull, monohull, sail, sailing