Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-11-2019, 17:12   #1

Boat: 2020 Lagoon 46' Catamaran
Question 46' Catamaran Sailboat lift suggestions and pictures

I am interested in hearing from anyone out there that has experience or pictures of how to support a 46' catamaran on a cable lift. I found a few pictures showing how to support a mono-hull sailboat, and I found some pictures of power cats on lift, but they don't have a keel. The boat weighs about 18 tons empty, and there are plenty of lifts that go up to and and over that weight.

The challenge seems to be figuring out exactly how to support the hulls and keels, that is the part I can't seem to find any info on. I have seen some catamarans sitting on land on the keel with timbers supporting the front and rear of the boat.

Is it possible to make the lift so that the keel can go between the rear hull supports, so that the lift itself doesn't have to support the rear supports below keel level?

My boat is a 2019 46' Lagoon, but I posted in the multi-hull section because I figure that any kind of multi-hull sail boat on a lift will have good information for me.

I am pretty new to the sailing catamaran scene, so I would assume that there is a lot I don't know, feel free to educate me as a newby.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

GregGarner
GregGarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2019, 17:24   #2

Boat: 2020 Lagoon 46' Catamaran
Re: 46' Catamaran Sailboat lift suggestions and pictures

Just found an interesting catamaran sailboat lift picture: https://decoboatlift.com/catamaran-lift/

Looks like the rear support is split to allow the keel to go between the two supports, pretty nice design.

GregGarner
GregGarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2019, 20:40   #3

Boat: 31' Corsair/Farrier(RIP) trimaran. Lauwersmeer Cruiser in Europe canals. 19' Lightning
Re: 46' Catamaran Sailboat lift suggestions and pictures

Like this?

Edit to say: Hmmm, I guess you are on the right track, I didn't see your second post.

I think this is different than the one you linked. This has the keels below the transverse supports. This seems less tippy. The transverse supports are bearing on the hull bottoms, hopefully were there are major bulkheads.

Its not my boat I just picked it off the web ~3 years ago
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leopard 38 on a boat lift.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	203588  
ejlindahl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, catamaran, lift, sail, sailboat