Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-09-2017, 11:56   #1

Seaward 25 bilge access

I recently purchased a 1995 Seaward 25. The sole has been sealed to the boat. Is this normal? Also, if it is, how do I access the bilge in order to inspect it?

Thanks for any help.

Duke
Duke Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 12:44   #2

Boat: Seaward 22
Re: Seaward 25 bilge access

I have a 1985 Seaward 22. My bilge access is in what would be the engine compartment if it were an inboard. My understanding is the keel is concrete and metal....all except for a small bilge at the back.

The factory is still open you can call them. Although, my experience is they don't care about dealing with owners of older boats.
ohdrinkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2017, 16:43   #3

Boat: Catalina 350

The bilge sump is very shallow and it's located near the front of the cabin sole. The sole is glued down with epoxy, so no access without some modifications. I put a picture of the access cover, a previous owner put in our boat, over on the Seaward forum, in response to a similar question there. Ours has a Rule pump installed under the cover. Works great there. I've heard of other boats that had float pumps under the setee. Boat would flood pretty well before one of those would come on. Link to post below:

Ours...
sesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2017, 16:58   #4

Boat: Catalina 350

[QUOTE=ohdrinkboy;2479341
The factory is still open you can call them. Although, my experience is they don't care about dealing with owners of older boats.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling this has changed. I got a chance to talk to Darrel Allen, the new owner of Hake Marine, this weekend at the Newport boat show. He seems to be very dedicated to improving the Seaward brand, along with Island Packet and Bluejacket and seems to be very customer oriented.
sesmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
award, bilge, seaward