Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-01-2012, 11:58   #16

Re: Sad Day for Najad Yachts

I think they are going on good track now. Their website inovated. If they give importance to their previous models , in my opinion they can create anice background to the sailors in order suport any decision.

What i mean is they have an history, so people can see that they allways been a high quality construction.
boggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 16:30   #17

Boat: a sailing boat
Re: Sad Day for Najad Yachts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggie View Post
(...) they allways been a high quality construction. (...)
Not always. Both HR and Najad went down the Bavaria alley. They were trying to sell more boats to more consumers. But Bavaria is already here and so is Oyster. There is quality there, but there are always issues there that were not there before. Cruisers & Sailing Forums - Search Forums ;-)

Just have a look at the fantastic hatches on the newest HR. Sure they do not look like bloody easy to slip on one dark and wet night.

The problem those boatyards have is they have been trying to make boats that others already make. If people went for them once, it was a) because they (people) were nordic, or b) because they (boats) WERE different than the other boats.

Now with the nordic markets being relatively shallow (both HR and Najad used to be QUALITY and QUALITY LASTS) they tried to expand beyond their field. And perhaps this is simply NOT doable.

IMHO (IMHO!) HR and Najad could have gone the Oyster way instead. And IMHO they would have been better off. But they did not do it when the time was right. Now they are making boats that are already available from other boatyards. They just make them more expensive.

20 years ago, I could buy a HR/Najad without a blink. Today, if I want a boat that looks like a Bavaria, I will chose a Bavaria. Two, why not. And use the change to get me a hold full of Bavarian beer.

Cheers,
b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
najad