Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2019, 13:42   #1

Boat: Motiva 39 DS
Marina suggestions in Northern Adriatic

Can anyone suggest a safe, well accessable and cost effective marina / anchorage to serve as a year-round base from which to make sailing trips and be able to do some DIY maintenance? Boat length 13,3m LOA, Breadth 3,9m, draft 1,9m, steel hull. Thanks!
RobertL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 02:53   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates
Re: Marina suggestions in Northern Adriatic

Do you have a copy of Heikell's Adriatic cruising guide? Has a lot of info in it. And fairly accurate as we used it a couple of years ago when we sailed the Adriatic.
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:56   #3

Boat: Jeanneau 43ds

I left my boat for 2 winters at Certosa Marina/Venice. No Bora problems in that area and exceptionally easy to get to with some many flights direct to Venice all the year round. Also direct water connection from the airport to Certosa on the Allilaguna service. !0 mins on a Vaporetto to S Mark's Sq, centre of Venice.

Local boatyard can do most things. My boat is similar to yrs (43ft/13m) but possibly a bit lighter (Jeanneau43ds) and i had mine hauled out twice at the boatyard. There are 3-4 53ft Amels in the marina which i know the boatyard has also taken out so you shld hv no prblm. Not sure about German but many of them speak English.

You shld ask Kenomac (who started the "Adriatic Squad" thread on this forum) who has had his boat for several winters a bit further east at Monfalcone or S Giorgio di Nogaro.

There is also Porto San Rocco/Muggia/Trieste but not only are their marina prices higher than Certosa but they do not have a boatyard of their own and the other local boatyards are also unreasonably expensive. You could try further down the coast but i did not get very good prices for haulout from them either and they are a lot further from an airport

If you are a member of the CA (Cruising Association) you will get the 10% CA discount at Certosa which more than offsets the cost of CA membership. There is another v useful benefit and that is the crowd-data section of the CA App that covers thousands of anchorages and marinas around the world (covers a lot in the Adriatic) and is actually more up-to-date that any Pilot book. As for local books i think first choice wld be the 777 for Croatia.
best of luck
Andrew
"Genial Bee"
Old 02-02-2019, 03:07   #4

Boat: Motiva 39 DS

Thanks for the suggestion. Will look into Certosa. Good to know they are supervised 24/7.
I have the Heikel book and researched the web. East esp. Croatia is pricey indeed.
RobertL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:35   #5

Boat: Jeanneau 43ds

for Certosa marina it is probably best you talk to Sabrina. Give her my regards
Andrew
"Genial Bee"

Tags
adriatic