Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 23:52   #1

55' Bruce Roberts Cutter Custom Cutter

Hi all,
I'm new here, but so far I like what I see on this site. Very informative. Well I'm in the market for a blue water cruiser and I came across this ad. We're a family of four and feel that this layout could work for us, but would appreciate any inputs or advice. I've provided the links to the boat below for your review. Thank you.

55' Bruce Roberts Cutter Custom Cutter
Year: 1983
Current Price: US$ 139,900

Ad on Youtube:

Ad on Yachtworld:
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...url=&imc=pg-fs

Ad on IVT Yacht Sales
Featured Listings and Specials - New and Used Sailboats and Motor Yachts - IVT Yacht Sales
anme9304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 00:52   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: CyberYacht 43
Re: 55' Bruce Roberts Cutter Custom Cutter

It looks like a lot of boat for the money.

As with all major purchases having a survey by an experienced independent surveyor, having the engine and mechanicals checked by an experienced marine mechanic and having the rigging checked by an experienced rigger is essential.

If you can get a builder's certificate for the boat showing the layup of the hull and deck and the type, positioning and weight of the ballast so much the better.

Any offer should be subject to satisfactory survey and checks and you should have a considerable amount in reserve as repairs to a boat this size can be very expensive.

Do keep in mind that the boat is 30 years old.
Boracay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 01:02   #3

Boat: Mason 53

G'day, Mate. Welcome aboard. I have a Mason 53 center cockpit cutter sloop that has a very nice layout for a family that I would be willing to sell you. The boat has been fully imported to New Zealand (absolutely no sales tax on the sale) and can be kept USCG documented if you are a U.S. citizen.

I have photos on my profile page here on CF. If you want an equipment listing, send me a private message. Cheers.
matauwhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2016, 21:28   #4

Hi anme9304,

Did you ever purchase the Bruce Roberts? It is currently for sale again in San Diego, I have checked out the boat at the marina and heading back again next weekend. I am looking for a cruiser for a family of 4. Main reservation is size... it is a little bigger than we are intending.

Please let me know if you have owned or sailed this boat, I would be very interested in any feedback you my have.

Thanks.
jldm445
jldm445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2017, 03:04   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldm445 View Post
Hi anme9304,

Did you ever purchase the Bruce Roberts? It is currently for sale again in San Diego, I have checked out the boat at the marina and heading back again next weekend. I am looking for a cruiser for a family of 4. Main reservation is size... it is a little bigger than we are intending.

Please let me know if you have owned or sailed this boat, I would be very interested in any feedback you my have.

Thanks.
jldm445
Did that boat sell?
Who was the manufacture?
My interest is the result of a boat I bought built by a company, JOMARCO. I t was owned by an aeronautical engineer Don Jones. They bought the residuals from the second West Sail bankruptcy and continued production of several models of that company till the Reagan luxury tax put them out of business. I bought a West Sail 43
he had finished out for himself in '88. He was in his 80's and very active but the memory wasn't 100%. I spent a lot of time with him listening to story's. Looking at the video I was impressed with the quality of work on that boat.
If you can confirm the maker I would appreciate it.
jnicholsegn4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cutter