Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-01-2018, 18:42   #16

Boat: Bicycle
Re: 3 months next summer "camp-cruising." Where to go?

A long overdue reply to some pretty helpful and motivating ideas. Since I wrote this post in '15, I've maintained the interest in cruising, but ended up going with the more conservative route of being volunteer crew. I went and checked out probably 15 small boats down in FL and wanted to buy every one of them but was scared off by obvious maintenance problems in excess of my skills. Instead, I spent a bunch of time dinghy sailing and got out with people I met through the local sailing community as frequently as I could. I've crewed a few times on deliveries and pleasure cruises and have learned a ton. Spent a few weeks as crew in the Bahamas (man, what an experience!) Sea miles are still low (<1000), but the dream lives on. Mostly wanted to stop in and provide an update in line with Chris's suggestion. If I pull the trigger on the microcruiser, I'll be boasting about it on CF for sure.
CatLourde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 18:54   #17

Re: 3 months next summer "camp-cruising." Where to go?

It's good to hear updates. The Bahamas are superb for sure... and a small craft is no issue there. I cant think of a better cruising ground in the Eastern Caribe. I wish I had 2 ft draft and a tiny boat for a few months there for sure.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising