Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2022, 09:21   #1

Boat: Irwin, Citation, 34
Send a message via ICQ to sengland
Williamsburg area Crew wanted

So it seems my wife does not seem as confident as she once did in jumping off and grabbing, tieing off a 34ft sailboat so am looking for one 'maybe' two F or M crew members out of Williamsburg, VA. Ideally somebody that has sailed a bit before. All the running rigging comes back to the cockpit and I have autohelm so once we're under way, there is little to do except keeping her clean and tidy and having fun.
(No $$ either way)
Email is best se2462@gmail.com
(see 'sailing with faith' channel on YouTube)

Thanks
Stuart
sengland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 18:25   #2

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint
Re: Williamsburg area Crew wanted

Hello Captain, Well your Citation sounds like a breeze to sail (I guess pun intended). And similar in size to the Endeavor 36' I once owned, but have sailed on a number of other people's S/V since, about 5k nm total, many deliveries and have ASA through 105, & ICC as well (for the Med). A lot of "blue water", green water, brown water and I guess everything but gray water sailing. I'm tentative as my schedule isn't as open as I'd like, but I'd love to sync up - and I do assume you mean when the sunshine climbs a bit higher (& warmer), so your planning ahead. I would also include my able bodied nephew too, who has worked boat yards and is a professional carpenter. My skills are electrical & electronic. We can talk about the sort of outings you have in mind, weekends or somewhat longer. These days my time is parceled pretty tight too, starting a new job, but by summer I'll have earned some "breath of fresh air" (Covid willing).

I do have a more elaborate CV, which I do believe is posted within CF system under my username (I believe) but I can forward via PM or any other info. And I am all on board for keeping it tidy, don't mind dishes and am a reasonable cookster in the galley.

So for now, cheers.
softgoodsint is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, crew wanted, wanted