Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-01-2019, 15:26   #1

Soon to be cruiser seeking practical experience

Hello all!

My wife and I have decided to untie the lines this upcoming November, and I'm looking for an opportunity to crew for someone else before we buy our boat.

I work for myself in online retail, so my schedule is flexible. I'm a 32 y.o. male in good physical condition that can make friends with just about anybody. I'm not totally green, but my sailing experience is limited to smaller boats under 20' I'm also pretty handy at repairs and love cooking.

I'm currently in Georgia. I can fly to pretty much anywhere in the US or Caribbean to meet for a longer trip (1-3 weeks), or drive pretty much anywhere in the Southeast US for weekend sails. I'm happy to chip in on boat expenses and work for my experience. I can also bring my drone along if you'd like some aerial photos of your boat.

I'm so excited to be a part of the cruising community soon, and I look forward to helping out wherever I can! Cheers!
tommycook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 15:43   #2
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Soon to be cruiser seeking practical experience

What type of experience are you looking to get.
Old 29-01-2019, 16:18   #3

I'm open to just about any experience. I'll happy to be rail meat for races, or assist in a delivery. I'm just dying to get on the water for some hands on learning.
tommycook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 16:27   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Seaton 60' Ketch

Send me a PM; I have some deliveries coming up this spring/summer and do take crew from sites like this
Scott Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 20:48   #5
cruiser

Hi, got a 36' morgan o.i. good shape cruise rigged. tampa st pete .call me 813-853-8867 Phil
wander 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2019, 10:49   #6

Boat: Beneteau Sense 46
pirate Re: Soon to be cruiser seeking practical experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycook View Post
I'm open to just about any experience. I'll happy to be rail meat for races, or assist in a delivery. I'm just dying to get on the water for some hands on learning.
Tommy hi Im Ernie and I will be sailing along with another Sailor in my Boat a 52 Ft Beneteau from St Croix in the USVI to Santa Marta in Colombia as the Crow flies non stop about 800 NM during the 4th of July. Let me know if interested.
Ernie on the Mary Jane
sailon46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2019, 10:50   #7

Boat: Beneteau Sense 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailon46 View Post
Tommy hi Im Ernie and I will be sailing along with another Sailor in my Boat a 52 Ft Beneteau from St Croix in the USVI to Santa Marta in Colombia as the Crow flies non stop about 800 NM during the 4th of July. Let me know if interested.
Ernie on the Mary Jane
Its a hurricane season run South was in St Croix with Maria , not this time.
sailon46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2019, 12:56   #8

Boat: Beneteau Blue II - catamaran 35'

Seem to have a few takers. Great eh! (ooops 'eh', looks like a Canadian, you are right). I am setting up two trips on a Beneteau Cat Blue II which is in Spain and being upgraded for an ocean crossing. Here is the plan:

Sept/Aug. 2019 sailing Mediterranean for 4 weeks testing out storm tactics with a new gale sail and don drogue as well as some electronics and man-over-board equipment. Will be a combo of sail training and visiting places including Mallorca, Spanish coast, France and islands near Italy and such. Itinerary subject to change.

Nov. 2020 crossing from Canaries to Verde Isd to Caribbean with ARC see https://www.worldcruising.com/arc/arcitinerary.aspx

Looking for a team of 3 more with me. I have been a sailing instructor for many years admittedly off and on on my Beneteau 35 Oceanis plus other chartered boats various locations. Affable personality as a family mediator and teacher. If interested drop me a email. Note this is a cat. Might not be your interest i realize.
Blue2cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cal, cruise, cruiser, enc