Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2023, 14:16   #1

Boat: Hardin 45
satwelder

looking for crew person with some experience to help my wife and I sail from Daytona beach to the bahamas starting around april 20th. Going to keep the boat their for a while and would like you to stay with boat while we are there.
Must not be a heavy drinker and a non smoker.
Female precured.

satwelder
satwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2023, 15:12   #2

Boat: 2003 PDQ 36 Capella
Re: satwelder

Hi Satwelder,
Could you provide more info about your boat, and how long you would want someone to stay in the Bahamas. I (female) sailed from Ft Lauderdale to Grand Bahama Island last year, and spent weeks traversing the islands, then returned via Bimini to Miami. Have just sailed from St Augustine to Dry Tortugas, and this past November did a crew gig from Turks & Caicos to BVI.
sjm823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2023, 15:40   #3

Boat: Hardin 45

Hi and thanks for the quick response. We have a Hardin 45 which is a very stable and seaworthy boat. My Wife doesn't feel comfortable making the crossing to the Bahamas and would want someone with some experience to be with the boat for as long as we are on it. The boat is in Daytona Beach and would be leaving there to head south shortly after the middle of april. I am 70 and have quite a bit of sailing experience though my wife doesn't so she feels uncomfortable trying to head the boat into the wind and me being on the foredeck lifting sails. We don't smoke or drink though you could drink, just not heavy. We are real easy going people. I should send you a picture of the boat but not sure how to do it here?
Thanks again

Rick
satwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2023, 21:09   #4

Boat: ChrisCraft,Connie,37ft

Sent you a PM. Staying with boat would be tough but I can get you to several safe anchorages near civilization or very friendly marinas/harbors. Heck, Georgetown is full of American boats, 100 or so and has a major airport, restaurants, and great local water taxi.