Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2017, 16:36   #31

Location: Gone sailing! Please don't tell our adult kids where we are!
Boat: Downeaster 38
Re: San Diego to Miami on a 22' to 25'??? July 2017

Hi OP,

I've done that very route and been through the canal that direction 4 times. I have a cruise ready vessel so... I will make you a deal. Go get 2 very hot girls who will look great in YouTube videos and make us big bucks via Patreon by just strutting themselves around half naked.

You get the girls, I've got the boat and experience, so let's go!

(on second thought... why do I need you? I will just get the girls and go by myself)

Buena suerte amigo!
SV Sailfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:56   #32

hurricane season is very real, through most of that route. for what I feel you're looking for, you might consider picking up a boat in the Sea of Cortez (La Paz, San Carlos, Guaymas). It's a place many of us learned to cruise, costs are reasonable. And the people, both local and other cruisers, are great. If after a while, and some "experiences", you're still having fun, you'll know where you want to go next. Miami? another story . . .
briblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 18:19   #33

Go ahead, people have done stupid things before, why should you be different. Oh, & find someone as stupid to join you Is that Dumb & Dumber Great name for the boat also
silverbeard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 18:52   #34

Boat: M/V Carquinez Coot

Take a cruise ship! It would be less expensive although you would miss(?) the "camping" experience. Passing through the canal is a wonder. Best to travel westward so one has several 25-hour days rather than 23-hour.
Old 02-06-2017, 19:24   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbeard1 View Post
Go ahead, people have done stupid things before, why should you be different. Oh, & find someone as stupid to join you Is that Dumb & Dumber Great name for the boat also
a bit uncalled for, IMHO. hopes and dreams are a big part of it, out here. they often aren't quite aligned with what others see as "reality". but we sail on . . . further.
briblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 20:18   #36

Not to bust anyones bubble, we all had to start our sailing experience somewhere, somehow, but not in any stupid manner. Take the words of the wise. I have over 60 K NM + under my keel My vessel & others. to go on a fool's sojin ridiculous. My last trip through the canal with the Lost Soul & Bob Bitchin was rough, in the lock with a tanker. & costly as I recall.
Spent your three months time learning to sail locally & when the time comes again & it will, you will be ready with a lot more knowledge in your seabag.
silverbeard1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miami, san diego