Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-03-2024, 17:08   #1

Need crew from East coast USA in Nov '24? I'm yours!

Hello, I’m Kylie. 30 y/o fit, active, strong.
Will need to hitch back towards New Zealand, leaving from East Coast USA in Nov.

Would make a great crew member, or a 3rd helping hand on an older couple's yacht. Or anything in between!

Domestic Goddess -cleaning, laundry, small home maintenance repairs, FANTASTIC cook (on a small or large scale; have experience in commercial kitchens). I’m very tidy, keep to myself unless engagement is required or requested, and don’t eat that much. I’m easy going and easy to be around. Very helpful and considerate, can-do attitude, and a great communicator.

PADI open water certified diver, happy to help clean under the boat. Been on boats since I was little, a couple of weekend sailing adventures, but no true personal sailing experience except for basic steering and navigation. Very eager to learn and am a very fast learner -capable and competent. Otherwise, great watchman

Traveling towards final destination: New Zealand. Happy to land west coast Australia.
Departure time: ideally start of Nov. Flexible dates.

Happily expecting to pay expenses (i.e. food, fuel, maintenance, etc). Please inform me of your required rate “per day” when we initially chat, thank you.

I realize that I am asking for a huge favor. I know a yacht is a very private home -not a ferry. I also appreciate the fact that I will be getting under your feet and aim to minimize my impact on your life as much as possible. I am respectful and shall exist as a model of perfect behavior while on board.

Since I haven't done much sailing (yet), I fully intend to spend the next few months hanging around the marina learning about the sails, knots, and COLREGs. I hope to be an acceptable companion, and if you know anyone else who might be interested taking me on board, please share my details.

I’m also a Registered Nurse by trade, if that’s helpful at all. I don't actively practice right now but the license is still valid.

I can best be reached by email at: kylie.che@gmail.com.

Thank you for taking time to read this. Hope to connect soon.
With love and humility,
Kylie
Old 17-03-2024, 21:43   #2

Boat: Hunter Cherubini 33
Re: Need crew from East coast USA in Nov '24? I'm yours!

Hi Kylie, there are a few crew finder groups on Facebook that are pretty active also if you dont find anything here.
ekelly36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2024, 22:49   #3

Thank you so much ekelly!! I will be checking those out as well. I'm very open to feedback as to how to make this a more attractive post, or in general how to make it more visible. I'm new to the forum, will happily take any advice! Thanks
Old 22-03-2024, 23:09   #4

You might be looking to go the wrong way. Most boats go west coast US to NZ/East Coast Aus. While not impossible to find what you are looking for it might be a tall order.
Sailingallday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2024, 23:24   #5

Yeah... exploring some of the other sites, it looks like most vessels go to Europe from the east coast. Not impossible to hitch along from place to place, but a more direct shot will be from the West coast, you reckon?

Tags
crew, east coast, USA