Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-05-2022, 19:42   #1

Boat: Beneteau/343
Need a crew member. June 15 Portland Oregon to Lund BC.

I just had one of my crew drop out due to a home emergency.

Looking for 1-2 crew to go from Portland OR to Lund BC
The boat is a 2008 Beneteau 343.

My thought is the following:
- June15 leave Portland for Astoria. arrive Astoria that day.
-June 16 leave Astoria for Neah Bay. Neah bay reopened in March to non natives,
-arrive around 19:00 on 6/17
-proceed to Lund. It may make sense to spend the night in Neah bay.

I’d cover food and a bus/train ticket back to Portland. This is not a paid gig.

Things to know about the boat.
-40 gallons of diesel. That works out to approximately 60 hours depending on headwinds.
-past experience was it took 25 gallons of fuel to go from Astoria to Neah Bay over 33 hours.
-the boat will be rigged with jack lines and a raft.
-Bimini and dodger are good
-radar, gps, radio, and autopilot all functioning.

I’ve done this before but haven’t done it several times. I have one other crew member with a lot of experience

I’m looking for 1 person with some offshore experience. I’ve done this trip a few times as has the other crew member. You’ll need a current passport and proof of vaccination. The Canadians won’t let us in without them.

Non smoking boat. Usual “non”s apply( no alcohol underway, no cannibis products on the boat, non smoking).
davefromoregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2022, 12:58   #2

Re: Need a crew member. June 15 Portland Oregon to Lund BC.

David, thought I would send you this through Crusier Forum just to go through the proper channels. Tim Tees first let me know that you were looking for someone.

I can be available on those dates and would love to do the trip. I have not been north of Astoria yet but have done a couple of deliveries; Astoria to Portland twice, Portland to Cascade locks and one delivery from San Francisco to Astoria. I have done some other recreational offshore trips but those were in warmer waters, Southern Cal, BVI and Tahiti. I am ASA and NauticEd certified (ASA 101, 103, 104, 114, NauticEd Capian Level 3). I do have my passport and all my covid shots. I am a non smoker, non drug user. I'll have a beer or a Margarita once in a while but don't drink beyond that. I am generally a pretty low key, easy going guy but I do take safety very seriously. I think I have the necessary gear for the trip, offshore life jacket, full fowlies, boots, tether, etc. I don't have a PLB though. I have been sailing for about 4 years. I am a member of Island Sailing club in Portland and I am active in the local racing scene. If you want to give me a call at your convenience I could answer any other questions you might have to see if I would be a good fit.
web037 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew, member, oregon, portland