Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2018, 15:01   #16

Boat: Last boat 51, Baveria
Re: Man needed to join couple on a charter

Just returned from 10 days in BVI and ready to go again. Mostly retired professional, diver, experienced sailor , expenses no problem. Good health, non smoker, social drinker. Gene
Pilot Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 20:25   #17

Boat: Trident Warrior 40

I am a man, a 44 yr old one that likes to kite surf.

What dates and where? I may be of use?

Darren
dazmacg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 19:28   #18

Hello Sally. My name is John Im a 57 Year old Male and as of October 31 will be retiring from Ups as a delivery driver after 35 years. I am Single,Dont smoke not a drug user nor do I abuse alcohol.I am qualified to charter sailboats. I have blue water experience and am very friendly.I keep myself and surroundings clean. I want to sail for awhile after retirement. I can afford to pay my own way. I like humor,cooking,Kayak,canoe,powerboat, sailing .Anything that floats. Safety oriented. And I think the world is a playground . I hope I find someone to sail with.
John Diesburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:52   #19

Hello Sally,

I am a recently retired, 62 yo sailor of many years in the Chesapeake and now east Florida coastal waters and ICW. I am familiar and have fished the Bahamas, Sailed BVI, sail, fish and Dive in the keys. I was thinking to book a Caribbean charter sometime in 2019. I am extremely able as a sailor, navigator, etc. I love to cook, hangout and enjoy the surroundings when aboard. I enjoy a good drink now and again, non-smoker, healthy. Depending on your timing and itinerary it could be a good match. I am pretty flexible. Feel free to send me a PM if interested. I would like to know more.
jmikeb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:59   #20

Boat: Norseman 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Johnson View Post
Sailing in circles does not get you to your destination. Men know this.
Made both of us laugh out loud! LOLOLOL
Thanks!
Sailor647 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 14:29   #21

I am interested in helping you crew your boat. My name is Ryan, I just retired as a law enforcement officer and I’m looking to gain some experience sailing before I purchase my own boat. PM in your interested.

Thanks!
Rypat08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 11:56   #22

Boat: Sea Doo Challenger, 18'

I am available. I have excellent flight privileges so I can meet you anywhere (my BFF is a flight attendant). I make apps and teach college literature classes. My wife, daughter, and I went around the world in 2013 visiting 24 countries in 15 months. Now we'd like to do it again on a sailboat (this time heading west). I have had a lifelong passion for sailing, but I still have very little experience. That said, I am a supremely capable, trustworthy, and competent person. Show me what to do and you can guarantee that it will be done to your liking. I am a German Texan. My work ethic is strong. I am not a millennial (I am 43). With me around, you'll probably laugh a lot and discuss not a few deep topics. We won't decode the entire meaning of the universe, but we'll sure try!!

I did not take any classes this fall, so I am ready and available. I would love to help you out and gain a some sailing experience.Who knows what could happen.

Colin Shanafelt
shanafeltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 23:41   #23

Hello,
I am Paolo, an italian guy who likes to travel. I'd like to try a boat experience since I'm a goal-oriented person, eager to learn the sail. My intention was never to travel for free, I volunteer my time to help the crew with their works. I would learn the sailing and offer my support in exchange for helping, taking a guard duty, cooking, cleaning and boat maintenance. I do not drink or smoke, but I don't mind others doing so. I can cook italian food and teach you italian or just entertain you with my stories. I have never sailed, I don't know the basics but I learn fast. I'm currently in Miami and I'm trying a sailing chance for Caribbean or anywhere.
I'd like to join the crew and I'm happy to offer my energy services as a sidekick deckhand.
I should be so grateful to him if you could give me this fresh experience.
Thank you all in advance!
Could I know if you found your crew for this ride ?
Thanks
paolodig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 14:34   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeko View Post
We're hoping to charter a boat (40'ish) in the Caribbean or Greece or wherever and usually end up with an empty cabin on the 3 cabin boats we get. We would like to share the boat with someone that would like to go along to help a little be pleasant company. Not needing a lot of experience or a skipper and it's not a paid crew position. Dates are not set yet.

Contact me through here, Sally
I am interested... will pay my way....let me know if you still have room
Neongalleon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter