Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2019, 19:35   #1

Looking for Opportunities to Learn, Late March or After

Hello! I'm Jo. I'm a 31 year old software engineer, and I'd like to get into cruising as a lifestyle. I'm looking for opportunities to crew and learn more about crewing, sailing and taking care of larger boats.

I have sailing experience with small single-person boats like Sunfish, Laser and Hobie. And I'm willing to work hard and help out with anything I can.

I'm a US citizen, and available to crew almost anywhere in the world. But I may be mostly suited for short term or small distances for the time being. The following are my current restrictions:

1) I have to be able to connect to the internet 4-5 days a week for my day job, and I have to spend 25-35 hours working on my computer per week. I do have an international cellular hotspot for when I'm near land.
2) I cannot spend more than a few days in the US or in international waters for tax purposes. Partial days are fine.
3) I can share costs for food, fuel and supplies but, at the moment, I'm looking to exchange my services for the opportunity to learn.

I'm currently in Colombia, and can easily travel anywhere in the Caribbean or South America. I'm also open to other parts of the world. I should be available for anything in late March or after.

If anyone has any opportunities, advice about how to get started in the lifestyle, or any questions, please feel free to message me.
localjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 07:57   #2

Boat: BRUCE ROBERT 57'
Re: Looking for Opportunities to Learn, Late March or After

Hello I have a 57' Bruce Robert Sail Boat I will start my journey to Brazil in April if you not scare to have a big adventure of your life welcome a board I do not have a lot of experience on a big sail boat yet but I'm not scare to go by my self if I can not find anyone want this challenge Terry
smartmanjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 08:16   #3

Re: Looking for Opportunities to Learn, Late March or After

Thanks for the response Terry. Right now I am looking to learn for someone who has a lot of experience. Good luck with your trip to Brazil!
localjo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc