Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2020, 16:36   #1

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis, 50
Looking for Crew

I am looking at leaving San Diego, CA. in Aug. if things 'open' enough by then. I have crew from San Diego down to Cabo in Mexico, but will be single handed from that point on. I am looking for crew from Cabo, or La Paz for a trip down to Panama and through the canal. I don't have a time frame for that trip, nor a set destination. Looking to stop a few times and hang out when I find a cool bay or city to stay at for a little. Or we can go straight down to Panama if you have a time schedule. I have a 2012 Benny Oceanis 50 in great shape. Installed a water maker and updated chart plotters with AIS. I am open to anyone with some sailing experience, or even a skipper or captain. Please contact me directly if interested and we can work out details.

Thanks,
Sam
Mare Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 20:18   #2
JMR

Re: Looking for Crew

Hi,
Exciting.
Experienced. Currently in San Diego. Can meet.
Would be interested in the Panama leg.
Let me know.
Jack
JMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:50   #3

Hello,

Unfortunately, I can't dm yet as a new member on this forum, so I thought I would go ahead and comment.

I saw your post and this is exactly the kind of trip I am looking for right now! A bit about me, I'm currently in the Florida keys getting my ASA 103 to be a bit savvier and then off to travel. I live in Boise, ID. I'm a 22-year-old male, former navy, finishing my bachelor's degree this week, and have been saving for a few years to have the freedom to travel. I love to dive and pretty much anything to do in the water. I couldn't think of any better way than by sailing! I'd have no problem getting a plane ticket down Cabo to join you on your journey. I am happy to contribute to the trip in any way possible from crewing, cooking, cleaning, etc...My biggest hurdle right now is awaiting a new passport, I submitted my application on May 2nd, and am expecting about 60-80 days, putting it around mid-July

If you're interested in potentially having me aboard as crew, feel free to call, text, or email me.

208-810-9025
jakewhitlock24@gmail.com

Regards,

Jake Whitlock
Vagarier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 16:13   #4

I am interested in doing a leg or two with you. I have coastal cruising experience. Please send your email address to DeerWood9323@yahoo.com and I will send an experience statement.
Sailingsailor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 18:56   #5

Hi Sam-
I'd be interested in your position. I have my USCG 6 pak, loads of experience offshore and coastal, good refrences. I'm leaving to take a Hanse 505 from Honolulu to Seattle in a couple days, but if you'd like a resume, a chat or just more information about me please feel free to get in touch! bethsadler@gmail.com
Beth
bethsadler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crew