Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2023, 07:47   #31

Boat: ?
Re: Help me convince my family to live the lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelbitz92 View Post
We live in Florida, so ideally around the Bahamas or Mexico. Looking around Late June or July.

a quick look on borrowaboat shows sailboats that could accommodate your family for the less than the price of local hotel accommodations.

just ask the owner/booking agent to recommend a captain and pay a daily rate.. (i forgot what it is typically in bahamas).

if wanting to save on paying for a captain..

(you) read everything you can find on sailing and then volunteer for (multiple) deliveries to add experience to your new found knowledge.

(then) you can confidently take your own family out yourself to help them decide if its the lifestyle they desire.

and if wife says "no".. then divorce her immediately, find a new better wife and make a new family..
(i'm joking...a little)

chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 00:01   #32

Boat: Cornish Crabber 24
Re: Help me convince my family to live the lifestyle

Well, Steel. You can do anything in this life if you persist and what you want does not seem unreasonable at all. I'm not sure how you can readily cure someone of the fear of the unknown, but I'm sure it's possible.

Sometimes it's simply the art of listening to the experts telling you it's impossible and then doing it.

Personally, I sail for the love of the unknown. It's called adventure...

But thanks--for making me realize how fortunate I am. I sail a small and uncomplicated cruiser, come and go as I please, eat when I'm hungry, sleep where night finds me, do as I please and answer to no-one.

This too, is possible.
BluePeter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
family