Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-11-2020, 11:14   #16

Boat: CSY 44 Pilothouse Ketch
Re: Florida. St Martin. Azores. Baltic. Spring 2021

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I will follow up more after Saturday.
Please feel free to send PM regarding crew positions. I will have ok cellular signal, but probaboy nor enough for an actual voice call.
Flying Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2020, 12:59   #17

Boat: Bristol 27 #182, MystereS 17' Catamaran #531
Send a message via Skype™ to EarlWer

I meet all your criteria except one. I snore... (depending on my position...)

Maybe we can alternate shifts? I'll sleep while you are up... ;-)
Old 28-11-2020, 10:48   #18

Boat: Lagoon TPI 37

Captain, I am recently retired and 2021 is open for adventure. I've been a small boat Captain for over 20 years and have a 37' Lagoon TPI which I sail out of Beaufort, SC. This trip looks to be exactly what I have been looking for in 2021 as I wish to crew with others to gain more knowledge of the sailing into foreign harbors. I am 60 years young, in great health, don't smoke, have a social drink from time to time, a positive attitude, and a desire to learn from you & others. Please feel free to reach out at bigmac1960@yahoo.com.
steelsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 00:11   #19

Apologies everyone! My fault. I had a wee bit of "international travel" drama. I am back on track now and looking forward to following up with folks via personal message and phone calls.
Old 26-12-2020, 10:39   #20

Boat: 380 Lagoon Cat

Flying Monkey ; I would be interested in the south Florida to St. Martin leg of the journey . I own a 380 Lagoon cat , which is on the hard in St. Kitts . I was planning to fly , but a voyage on a monohull sounds like fun . < lmtrust at hotmail dot com > reply here in thread or by personal message.

Clarence
clarenceodonnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:42   #21

Hey Flying Monkey,
wow sounds like an epic adventure would love to join in, lend a hand and learn. I'm a 26yo male who has been traveling backpacking across the USA and Mexico for the past couple years completing both the PCT and AT. While in Mexico I got the chance to do some sailing Pacific side and thru the Sea of Cortez. Only ~500nm in experience but loved it and looking to spend more time sailing. Flexible, go with the flow and roll with the punches traveler quick learner decent cook non smoker and can contribute to necessary costs. Would be interested in sending with good vibes Florida to Sweden. Also could possibly help in boat prep in FL (general labor extra hand ect). Let me know!! And feel free to contact me Email dylancanham2194@gmail.com
Thanks,
Dylan
Solar Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:49   #22

Hey Flying Monkey,
wow sounds like an epic adventure would love to join in, lend a hand and learn. I'm a 26yo male who has been traveling backpacking across the USA and Mexico for the past couple years completing both the PCT and AT. While in Mexico I got the chance to do some sailing Pacific side and thru the Sea of Cortez. Only ~500nm in experience but loved it and looking to spend more time sailing. Flexible, go with the flow and roll with the punches traveler quick learner decent cook non smoker and can contribute to necessary costs. Would be interested in sending with good vibes Florida to Sweden. Also could possibly help in boat prep in FL (general labor extra hand ect). Let me know!! And feel free to contact me Email dylancanham2194@gmail.com
Thanks,
Dylan
Solar Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 08:52   #23

Hi Flying Monkey,
Flexible easy going "young" Dane, male 49, looking for an adventure like the one You seem to provide.
Well known to Scandinavian waters, but never did blue water sailing/ocean crossing... Love to listen and learn :-). Getting my certificate (yacht captain of 3. Degree) in February. Former army.
Used to cook a little (had 2 restaurants) and like pasta ALOT, so cooking duty come easy. Organizing, calculating, filming and photography are big interests, as are documenting travel etc.
Want to play games? talk about global politics or life? I have plenty of experience in all subjects.
Possible for me to drive to Stockholm (have family here), to have a meeting/get to know one another... maybe You could come to Copenhagen (live about an hour west).
Please write me for MUCH more info if You are still looking for crew.
All the best
Bjarke
skovsgaardknudsen at gmail dot com
P.S. Pics are from last summer, just out site of My home Town Harbour (Havnsø)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2589 (2).jpg
Views:	76
Size:	401.0 KB
ID:	229977   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2621.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	417.5 KB
ID:	229980  

LifeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 23:18   #24

Hi Flying Monkey,

I am a professor of Theoretical Astrophysics in Frankfurt (Germany), where I work (https://astro.uni-frankfurt.de/rezzolla/). I'll be on sabbatical in the next semester and thought to use it to get some salt spray in my face. I'm interested in the Atlantic crossing and possibly beyond time permitting.

I was born in Italy (Milan) in 1967 and have sailed for 30 years but I've often lived away from the sea (USA and Germany). I own a sailing boat (Hunter 6.06) and I sail her in a lake near Potsdam (Germany) where I live in part. I have chartered boats in Italy, Croatia and Greece; I normally charter at least once in the summer for family holidays. I have crossed the Atlantic in November 2017 taking part to the ARC+ on a 48 footer (Vausquiez 48) with a crew of 4. I have also done several transfers in the Atlantic (France to Spain) and in the Mediterranean (Malta, Sardinia, Spain).

I have a Day Skipper licence from the RYA and a radio operator's certificate. I am fluent in Italian, English, and German, but also manage with French and Spanish. I can cover all tasks on a sailing vessel, from sail trimming and route planning, over to maintenance and repair. Needless to say, being an Italian, I'm a very decent chef.

If interested, please get back to me at rezzolla[at]itp.uni-frakfurt.de
rezzolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 05:54   #25

Hey Flying Monkey, I just sent you a message with my details. I am very interested and infinitely available!
IslandRoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 20:25   #26

Thumbs up Re: Florida. St Martin. Azores. Baltic. Spring 2021

Hello Captain,

I am a 47yo in great health retired Air Force SCNO.**I’ve traveled the world by air and wouldn’t mind seeing it from another perspective.**Easy going, non smoking, coffee loving, social drinker who knows his way around a galley and isn’t afraid of a good karaoke afternoon.

While I admit that I hold no value to you as a Medical Officer, Pastor, Diver Master, Rig Master, I could pass as a quartermaster but**I do have plenty of experience on the Office Manager/Executive Assistant - and have worked every where from a corner pizza shop, c-suite of a 1300 store retail chain, and in the fields of Afghanistan and Korea.

- Kris
Kobernusk@mac.com
kobernusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 05:15   #27

Greetings and Happy New Year All. Ahoy! And Ajoy!

Now is the time for detailed planning. Landlubber concerns have fouled things up a bit the past few months, so I appreciate everyone hanging in there. For consideration, here is an updated time line:

Because travel to the United States might be stymied, I have also included planning dates for ports "close to" the US and still accessible by non-US citizens.

3rd week of March, 2021. Sailing Jacksonville, Florida to Fort Lauderdale.
First week of April 2021. In Fort Lauderdale. Add provisions and crew.
April 6. Looking for a weather window to depart.
*** April 8. Stopping in Nassau Bahamas, as needed.
*** April 9/10. Island hopping to Dominican Republic.

April 23, 2021. Arriving Dominican Republic. Refuel. Provision. Touristy stuff. Crew pickup.
April 28. Departing for St. Martin.

May 6. Arriving, St Martin. Tourist stuff. Maybe a run down to Grenada and back for Rum.
May 25. *** very much weather dependent*** departing St Martin.

June 15. Arriving, Horta, Azores.
July 7. Departing Azores.
*** bound for Brest - Kiel Canal, grabbing some oysters along the way.

August 3, on the Baltic side of the Kiel.
Old 17-01-2021, 06:07   #28
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, rezzolla, IslandRoots, and kobernusk.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 06:36   #29

Sounds like a great trip - please keep me info'd. Me... 62 year old, some crew experience, ASA 104 grad, looking for some cruising experience before I buy my own, compatible with others, retired and flexible!
DanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2021, 13:14   #30

Made an account for this so not allowed to PM but I live in Jacksonville and would be interested in at least the first leg to Ft Lauderdale if you are still in need of crew for it.

I'm 32 fit and able. Limited sailing experience; I have completed ASA 101, done some small sunset cruise stuff and a sailboat delivery out of Charleston to St Augustine that went amazingly bad.

Not fragile, not sensitive and eager to learn.

PM if you'd like to chat more.
SeaGoat69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Azores, baltic, florida, St Martin