Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-03-2021, 15:23   #1

Expenses Paid+ flights & bonuses-Spain to Australia

Delivery of 40ft yacht Cartagena, Spain to Brisbane, Aus. Starting April 2021. Seeking 2 blue water experienced crew.
Preferably on the East Coast of Australia we can meet with but not required. Once crew is chosen we will fly you over to Spain and cover travel cost to Cartagena. (2.5h by train from Alicante International Aiport to Cartagena)
Alternatively seeking crew already in Spain In which case you will receive $1200AUDpp towards return flight.
$800AUDpp for passage over to cover food costs
$2000AUD total given for fuel and mooring costs, remaining to be shared equally between crew members at end of voyage.
On arrival to Australia, 2 weeks hotel accomodation in a Brisbane with food budget of up to $240AUD pp. (No work required) while in ‘quarantine’.
2 crew onboard only, no owners. Approx 6 wk passage.
40ft 2003 Bavaria Yacht Cruiser, 3 cabin, 2 head, GPS Chart Plotter C95, ST60 Raymarine Tridata ( Depth & Speed), Windspeed/wind direction, Raymarine Radar, Bowthruster, NAVTEX, VHF, 50HP Engine
While cruising, time spent working is watch and manning the boat when necessary, the rest of the time you are free to do as you wish, return of the boat in clean condition.
Seeking experienced 2 person crew with references for blue water crossing/longer voyages in similar vessels.
Couples/teams/friends accepted.
BrianaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2021, 16:33   #2

Boat: Outremer 50S
Re: Expenses Paid+ flights & bonuses-Spain to Australia

Briana, welcome to CF.

Not to rain on your (troll?) parade, but if I get this right you are offering $800 (x2) + $2000 = $3600, out of which the delivery crew has to pay all expenses? And they keep the rest? For a six week passage? That covers 11,000 nautical miles (absolute minimum) - which equates to a non-stop speed of 11 knots in a ~20-year-old production 40-foot monohull?

I'm having a hard time seeing how all that comes together, but good luck regardless.
Dsanduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2021, 16:35   #3

Boat: Volkscruiser

Dsanduril you beat me to it, I was wondering if this was a foiling Bavaria 43?
Cheers
Fore and Aft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2021, 16:42   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsanduril View Post
Briana, welcome to CF.

Not to rain on your (troll?) parade, but if I get this right you are offering $800 (x2) + $2000 = $3600, out of which the delivery crew has to pay all expenses? And they keep the rest? For a six week passage? That covers 11,000 nautical miles (absolute minimum) - which equates to a non-stop speed of 11 knots in a ~20-year-old production 40-foot monohull?

I'm having a hard time seeing how all that comes together, but good luck regardless.
You also forgot the $240AUD to feed yourself in quarantine for 2 weeks at the end of the journey (during which time you are not expected to work). lol
NaClyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2021, 16:46   #5

Boat: Outremer 50S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore and Aft View Post
Dsanduril you beat me to it, I was wondering if this was a foiling Bavaria 43?
Cheers
I'm sure I underestimated the speed, because the rest of the time:

Quote:
While cruising, time spent working is watch and manning the boat when necessary, the rest of the time you are free to do as you wish, return of the boat in clean condition.
Dsanduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2021, 17:14   #6

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Maybe send Boatie a message, he may be interested.
Or maybe not, what was the name of the woman that tried to stiff him on his last delivery to Aus ?

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2021, 17:28   #7

Dsanduril old bean it seems to be a morning for it. I am already signed up for a spiffing circumnavigation on a Flicka 20 and would have considered this adventure if I had seen the post earlier. I quite like the idea of sipping my G&T on the Bridge while foiling to Brisbane.
Pip Pip
Old 17-03-2021, 19:28   #8

LOL! Geez... Well, you WILL get what you pay for...

Just to give you a point of reference, as professional, for a 6 week delivery I would charge you US$16,800 for me and a deck hand, PLUS expenses. And that assumes the boat is actually in a condition suitable for making such a voyage.

What you are looking for is someone to do this basically for free. You might find someone, and it might easily end up in the long run costing you way more than a proper professional delivery.
BillKny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2021, 19:53   #9

By Jove BillKny it seems there are pirates on land as well. $16,800 US dollars for the pleasure of moving BrianaH's yacht to the other side of the world seems a bit steep old boy. What happened to your sense of adventure and helping a fellow sailor out of a bind?
Toodle Pip
(By the way, say the BrianaH name out loud, except at the H say hole. This might give you a clue about the poster)
Old 17-03-2021, 20:39   #10
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Expenses Paid+ flights & bonuses-Spain to Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillKny View Post
LOL! Geez... Well, you WILL get what you pay for...

Just to give you a point of reference, as professional, for a 6 week delivery I would charge you US$16,800 for me and a deck hand, PLUS expenses. And that assumes the boat is actually in a condition suitable for making such a voyage.

What you are looking for is someone to do this basically for free. You might find someone, and it might easily end up in the long run costing you way more than a proper professional delivery.
Your having a laugh.. you'll be doing well to make it this side of Panama in 6 weeks.. then there's the wait to get through.. after that it's around 35 days to the Marqueas, another week to Samoa..
Even going the short route via Suez would take twice that at least.
Some realism in short supply OP..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"I am not less life-loving than you are.
But I cannot sell my birthright, nor am I prepared to sell the birthright of the people to be free." Nelson Mandela.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2021, 21:23   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Your having a laugh.. you'll be doing well to make it this side of Panama in 6 weeks.. then there's the wait to get through.. after that it's around 35 days to the Marqueas, another week to Samoa..
Even going the short route via Suez would take twice that at least.
Some realism in short supply OP..
Boatman61,

You and I are exactly on the same page. This is SO unrealistic on so many levels.

Not so long ago I quoted someone $8000 to do a delivery. They thought that was way too expensive. They had a "friend" do it instead. I ended up billing $10,000 in repairs because the "free" delivery crew didn't understand how the boat worked.

Pay me now, or pay me later....
Old 17-03-2021, 21:24   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore and Aft View Post
By Jove BillKny it seems there are pirates on land as well. $16,800 US dollars for the pleasure of moving BrianaH's yacht to the other side of the world seems a bit steep old boy. What happened to your sense of adventure and helping a fellow sailor out of a bind?
Toodle Pip
(By the way, say the BrianaH name out loud, except at the H say hole. This might give you a clue about the poster)
That's me, a pirate.
Old 17-03-2021, 21:27   #13

Boat: Pearson 367

Guys, this is called "feeding the troll." Someone is is a having a laugh at all of your responses.
Old 17-03-2021, 21:33   #14

LLCool,

But the conversation has nothing at all to do with the OP anymore.... It's just real delivery people shooting the breeze. If somebody is off there on the side jerking off to it, well, then, I guess they are just that kind of person...
Old 17-03-2021, 22:07   #15

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

The OP apparently forgot to mention the penalty clause if you take more than 6 weeks to complete the trip.
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, Spain