Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-03-2017, 13:18   #1

Boat: Långedrag steel, 1988, 40ft
Bermuda to Cork, Ireland 20 May 2017 flights paid

Hi,

I am looking for two or three experienced crew for the passage Bermuda to southern Ireland, with intended departure date 20th May 2017. The actual passage may take something around 20 days offshore, but 30 to 40 days should be planned to accommodate preparing the boat in Bermuda and potential waiting for a weather window. Travel/ flights to and from the boat as well as food onboard will be paid for by the skipper.

You should have experience of at least one longer ocean crossing and be able to take watches independently, and ideally some sort of certification (Competent crew, Coastal skipper etc.). This is not for inexperienced crew who want to try ocean crossings for the first time, but for people who know what to expect. This passage could be useful for people who want to collect mileage for a Yachtmaster exam.

Please take a look at our blog to see pics of the boat and our trip and to see if you would fit to our spirit: sykiwi.blogspot.com . Safety during the crossing is of prime importance. Sanja, the skipper, knows the boat very well and is a conservative, safety minded person with ocean passage and cruising experience, both as skipper of her own boat.

The boat is a classic steel hull cutter from 1989, with hank-on head sails. She is seaworthy and equipped with everything needed, see here for more info: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...5k-181774.html . We have satelite phone for offshore comunication and daily weather info, life raft, EPIRB, AIS receiver, various GPSs. Our boat is rather low-tech and has, besides safety gear, minimum with electronics. No shower, no water maker, no electric winches or pumps.

Cheers,
Sanja (and Phil)
phipseml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2017, 21:34   #2

Bermuda to Cork, Ireland 20 May 2017 flights paid

Hello,
I am from Ireland originally but live in San Francisco. I have done three transats and one Hawaii to San Francisco in the last year. Also know bermuda quite well. Are you in st George's. Been there many times. I would be interested in talking to you about your adventure. My email is mcwoodssf@gmail or4154975686
Regards
Mark
I hold a RYA YM offshore ce and cruising instructor tickets

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
mcwoodssf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 02:04   #3

Boat: Gib’Sea 52.2 1991
Re: Bermuda to Cork, Ireland 20 May 2017 flights paid

Hi guys,
Your adventure sounds great (I had a little read of the blog!) and I think I'd be interested in helping out for your return journey to Europe.
I will be arriving in Bermuda with the Tall Ships flotilla on the 1st of June and then obliged to take part in some of the events but then I'm free after that. I realise this might not be compatible with your schedule but I also know sometimes plans can change so I just thought I'd contact you anyway! I have one west -> east transatlantic journey "under my belt" and several North Sea crossings in boats not much bigger than your own.
Good luck with your journey!
Gerry
Gerry.Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 02:44   #4

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 430

Hi
I would like to explore the possibilities of me joining this trip. I am an offshore yachtmaster with thousands of miles trans Atlantic/North Sea/Baltic/Med and anywhere around and between them. This was in my own boat and on delivery for others. Email hughesjohn44@gmail.com
Old 31-03-2017, 06:09   #5

Hi Sanja (and Phil),
I live in Crosshaven, Cork, Ireland - most likely your landfall destination for Cork.
I have extensive offshore experience, including a west to east transatlantic trip.
I have a Yachtmaster offshore (theory) cert.
I would be interested in joining you on this trip and can give you and your crew a warm bed (on shore) when you reach your destination.
If interested, please contact me at: patrickjosephvaughan@gmail.com for further details etc.
aramis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 02:58   #6

Hi
I only have Day Skippers but have owned my own, 19' bilge keel yacht for nine years, doing a lot of sailing, mainly solo, around East coast of Scotland.
I've also skippered 5, 36' chartered yachts in the Med and Atlantic.

I want to do my YachtMasters and this would be great experience for me. I'm Dublin born, based in Edinburgh. Ex RN and an energy consultant now.
Very upbeat, positive and keen to learn.

Ease let me know if you'd line any further information.

Thanks
Frank Kelly
Frankieirish87@gmail.com
Frankieirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:21   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Patrick, & Frank.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:53   #8

Hi Sanjay & Phil

I would be very keen to join you on this. I had my own 19' bilge keel yacht for 9 years, sailing East coast Scotland.
I have Day Skipper but have skippered 5 yachts, chartered from Moorings - sailing the Med from Palma twice, Corsica to Sardinia, South of France & West coast of Ireland, with an inexperienced crew - we returned all yachts in one piece.
We included some night sails and dealt with some interesting weather.

I am hoping to start my yachtmasters this year and this journey would be a big help.

My background: ex RN and N Sea rigs, born Dublin but live in Edinburgh, working as an energy consultant.
I'm upbeat, cheery and always very keen to learn. I love sailing.

Please let me know if you'd like any further information.

Thanks
Frank Kelly
frankieirish87@gmail.com

QUOTE=phipseml;2359239]Hi,

I am looking for two or three experienced crew for the passage Bermuda to southern Ireland, with intended departure date 20th May 2017. The actual passage may take something around 20 days offshore, but 30 to 40 days should be planned to accommodate preparing the boat in Bermuda and potential waiting for a weather window. Travel/ flights to and from the boat as well as food onboard will be paid for by the skipper.

You should have experience of at least one longer ocean crossing and be able to take watches independently, and ideally some sort of certification (Competent crew, Coastal skipper etc.). This is not for inexperienced crew who want to try ocean crossings for the first time, but for people who know what to expect. This passage could be useful for people who want to collect mileage for a Yachtmaster exam.

Please take a look at our blog to see pics of the boat and our trip and to see if you would fit to our spirit: sykiwi.blogspot.com . Safety during the crossing is of prime importance. Sanja, the skipper, knows the boat very well and is a conservative, safety minded person with ocean passage and cruising experience, both as skipper of her own boat.

The boat is a classic steel hull cutter from 1989, with hank-on head sails. She is seaworthy and equipped with everything needed, see here for more info: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...5k-181774.html . We have satelite phone for offshore comunication and daily weather info, life raft, EPIRB, AIS receiver, various GPSs. Our boat is rather low-tech and has, besides safety gear, minimum with electronics. No shower, no water maker, no electric winches or pumps.

Cheers,
Sanja (and Phil)[/QUOTE]
Old 06-04-2017, 06:15   #9

Hi Gord
I'm a little confused - new to the site. I was trying to reply to phipseml about crew for yacht delivery, Bermuda to Cork - possibly replied on your thread!

Regards
Frank Kelly
Old 06-05-2017, 08:54   #10

Hi
I'm free to leave Bermuda as of today 6/5/18

I have comp crew
Marine med cert
Isaf sea survival
Avdanced diver cert

Female, Australian 31

Please get in touch susan.sobczak@yahoo.co.uk
Suzesob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:29   #11

Boat: Långedrag steel, 1988, 40ft

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your interest. We have now found our Crew for this crossing and are not searching any longer. I'm sorry if I didn't Reply to you, it wasn't on purpose but rather out of busyness and confusedness. I think I did manage to Reply to all or most private Messages, but I think I hardly replied to Messages on the Forum because I didn't get email updates on that. Again, sorry for that and good luck finding a nice passage for this summer!

Cheers,
Phil
phipseml is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bermuda, Ireland