Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-10-2020, 04:57   #1

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.
Thumbs up Delivery crew wanted for new 50ft Catamaran, Panama to Florida ETD Nov 6th.

Delivery crew wanted for new 50ft Catamaran, Panama to Florida ETD Nov 6th.

(The Passage) This delivery will begin in Panama at Shelter Bay Marina located at the Caribbean/Atlantic entrance to the Panama Canal on or around Nov 6th and is approximately 1,300 nm of hopefully non-stop offshore ocean sailing. The complete passage should take roughly between 10-12 days depending on weather and finish in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. I always hope to sail as much as possible however this is a delivery and we will certainly use the motors as much as required to expedite the passage. I have done this same passage at this time of the year in the past and it is very likely we will have all types of weather on this route but I find Nov combines a low risk of tropical lows and or any strong headwinds making it the ideal month for this passage. In spite of an active season we have reason to expect low pressure systems to moderate and our exact departure and progress will be coordinated with and monitored by our weather router with whom we will remain in contact with throughout the passage. Offshore tracking, texts, and email should be available to the crew as well.

(The Boat) Is a newly acquired 2020 Leopard 50 Catamaran. Plenty of info about this model is available online and I am happy to provide a link with details specific to this particular yacht. It has sailed on its own hulls from South Africa to Panama recently and is therefore equipped with the standard offshore equipment such as flares, life jackets, life raft, first aid kit, etc. It has also been hauled out and undergone an extensive survey upon arrival in Panama within the last four months. This is a four cabin model so each crew member should have their own cabin to themselves.

(The Captain) Is a USCG Licensed 100 Ton Master that has completed a solo circumnavigation on a 30ft Sloop. Since then I have completed over 50,000 nm of offshore deliveries and sailing instruction. I have sailed this route between Panama and Florida multiple times on both monohulls and catamarans, big and small.

(The Arrangement) This is a delivery and I am open to both volunteer and professional crew. There will likely be three or four of us on board in total. On-board food and passage-related expenses, fuel, marina fees, etc, will be provided by the owner. You would be responsible for all of your expenses off of the boat (restaurants, drinking, entertainment, etc.) Travel expenses and or a nominal per diem may be available for the right person with offshore experience. If you require your expenses paid or a per diem please let me know when you initially contact me so it is clear if you are volunteering or applying for a paid crew position. All crew are expected to help with all aspects of the passage including pre-passage preparation and post passage clean up. We are alcohol free underway and you should expect to help keep an active watch whenever required , usually on a rotational basis and at times alone at night, helping with navigating, weather analyses, sail-handling, cooking, cleaning, repairs etc. Effectively this opportunity provides an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to go offshore sailing, especially for individuals looking to gain offshore experience, confidence, and mile-building with the supervision and instruction of a well-qualified captain underway. What you don’t know you will be taught.

(The Requirements for the crew) Feel free to reply here but please send me a private message including your phone number and any other contact info. Let me know if you require any assistance with travel expenses or a per diem and tell me why you would like to take this trip. Tell me about your sailing experience or attach a CV. Please mention any other experience or skills that you might possess that could be useful at sea (engineers, medical professionals, mechanics, cooks etc,). I tend to give preference to people with at least some offshore experience who know they do not get seasick. You should be available to arrive in Panama (PTY) on or around Nov 6th and have an open schedule for the next 3 weeks at a minimum.

COVID-19. We have had positive first hand reports from Owners and crew who have already flown into Panama since the official re-opening of international flights October 12th. Panama Currently requires a Negative Covid test within 48 hours prior to your arrival.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
–Kirk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leopard 50-8180 PHOTO.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	225763  
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2020, 20:10   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to bootsie1
Re: Delivery crew wanted for new 50ft Catamaran, Panama to Florida ETD Nov 6th.

Well I wish you were going through the other side so that I could go through the Panama Canal but since you're not I'm willing to go from this side and sometimes in the future get to go through the Panama Canal anyway I have done sailing since I was a kid and I don't get seasick and I don't know how to put my CD on this but if you send me an email I will send you my my sailing experience buy a email I think I would like maybe a little assistance with air travel but other than that it shouldn't be a problem get back to me my email is hav number 2befree@gmail.comusical musical celebration o Gmail.com please be
bootsie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 10:15   #3

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.

ALL CREW POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED. Thank you to everyone that replied to the posting ! -Kirk
kirkalittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 12:54   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to bootsie1

Oh chucks
bootsie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2020, 12:16   #5

Boat: Leopard Catamaran

WOW, filled in under a week.

Sounds like a great trip.
capn_billl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran, crew, crew wanted, delivery, florida, Panama, wanted