Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-08-2016, 03:45   #16

Re: Crew Wanted for Antarctica trip

Hello!
I and my friend have 6 years expirience in sailing on river. We from Ukraine, Kiev. How much cost this trip? We have good positive attitude, strong nerves and very friendly character=) But we chort in money.
Tangod27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 07:04   #17

Hi, the trip could be something very adventurous and culturally interesting. I would love much to be part of the crew. I am retired with great browsing experience, mostly with motor boats. No limitis driving licence, German, English and a bit of Brazilian. If interested please contact me for more info thank Rgds
subivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2016, 20:50   #18

Hello!! I'm Lucas and with my wife we really loved the idear of joining your adventure following Shackleton steps! We both admired
their determination to survive and save his crew.
I'm 29 year old and Estefania 27, we are from Buenos Aires, Argentina. We are finishing this year with our university degrees, I'm a
Biologist student and she's a Geology student. We both sail. I've been working like sailing instructor and delivery skipper/crew
for the last 10 years. I have reference available and celestial naviagation studies. I've sailed several times between Buenos Aires
and Rio de Janeiro; Cross the north atlatic once; Buenos Aires- New Port, US; Alaska- Vancouver, Canada; Buenos Aires- Punta Arenas, Chile.
And last summer spend 3 months in lovely Antartica working with seals and whales for a cientific proyect.
Estefania doesn't have offshore experience but a lot of coastal navigation in Argentina and Brasil including 2 months living on board
in Brasil.
We also could join you before Ushuaia if you need so!
Looking foward to hear from you!
Cheers!

Lucas.
Lucas1894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 10:13   #19

Hi, my boyfriend and I are planning to quit our jobs around Feb/March 2017 and travel until about July/Aug 2017. This sounds like a fantastic trip and something we'd really enjoy being part of! He's an engineer and I'm a geneticist, both 24 years old. We have some sailing experience and are hard workers and fast learners. Please send us an email with a little more information if you would! To eziegler057 at gmail .com.
Sail_Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 18:13   #20

Send a message via AIM to Eric1991 Send a message via MSN to Eric1991 Send a message via Skype™ to Eric1991

Hello Mundinho,

My name is eric, from Canada. A year ago, I left my house to go on a great advanture, a world tour hitchhiking. Obviously, Antarctica was something on my mind, but that I didn't think possible, same goes for Easter Island. I'm presently in Cartagena, Colombia, and would glad to share this adventure with you. I do not have much skills at sea, as I only hitchhiked a boat for 1 week. That being said, if you are tackling Easter Island, and if I could join you, I'm more than confident that I could learn every thing necessary to head for Antartica.

If you are willing to try me out, please feel free to contact me through my email: eric060991@hotmail.com
Eric1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 15:08   #21

Boat: none yet :(

I see there was no public follow-up from the poster but hopefully it is real.

This reminds me to my all-time favorite "Berserk in the Antarctic" adventure (by David Mercy). Great read!

Invictus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 23:30   #22

Eu Moro no Canada em Vancouver Island, se voce precisar de ajuda quando passar por aqui me avisa. posso te ajudar por um mes.
Boa viagem.
itororo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:11   #23

hello and good evening
my name is eyal, 28 yold .
all my childhood i was sailing in a youth sailing assosiation. that is where i learned to sail.
i asked the my home goverment to be a part of a special volunteering program, in the program i volunteered 1 year as a sailing instructor for disabled people from all types and ranges.that was the year when i started to break free inside and develope my inner self, being on the water each day, with all kinds of disabled people. this year is also when i really really learned to sail, because the responsibility was high i got propper guidence.
im a rescue diver and medic. love cooking and fishing, i play the hangdrum and do art, i have very good skilled working hands for all types of repair jobs. im very comunicative and social.
i have no timeframe. no preffered destination, only seek to enjoy the adventure and the people with me. would love to join you and recive a reply back
cheers and happy waters
Please cotact me by email
eyalkon88@gmail.com
Eyalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:07   #24

Send a message via Skype™ to navegantesdosul

Hi Mundinho;

I´m deckhand/Divemaster. Avaiable to a part of your trip.

Good winds!

Flávio Ramires
navegantesdosul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 10:03   #25

Hello Capitain!
I thought that a second request like the one that Sir Shekleton did was utopic. I read your advisement and I imagin I am Frank Wild saying ''I am in''
I've been In Ushuaia during last two years working and waiting for a challenge like this. Just reading it I feel my heart bitting faster and strongger.
Last season we tried to sail until Antarctica in a similar trip, but the rought sea and wind decided to carry us back to Ushuaia from middle of the Drake Passage.
As Shakleton did, I am not satisfied and I go for the rematch!
If you accept me like crew I will stay avalaible at any moment in Ushuaia and Puerto Williams for working hard preparing the ship for the odyssey.
With all the will and anxiety, yours,

Johann
Johann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2016, 10:30   #26

Boat: Valiant 40

Eep that is a late start, heading south with plummeting temperatures, right into the teeth of winter and more importantly, ice. Why so late?
Suijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 08:26   #27

Hello! Very interested in participating on your cruise. I'm moderately experienced: two N. Atlantic crossings, NW passage, Baffin Bay, Greenland, Scotland, Ireland cruises . . . I'm cool under pressure, a hard worker, and I love to sail. Happy to provide references. Thank you.
Mishathekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 04:29   #28

Hello! I will be in Brazil in January and I would love to join you on the trip. February is end of the season in Antarctica. Drake Passage will be shaking but Ive been through a few storms so I can handle it. Please let me know if you are still looking for crew. Thank you ,
Ada
Ada Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 15:51   #29

Dear Sir,

I'm Barbaros, a 6th year-old medical student from Izmir/Turkey,looking for sailing oppurtunities around the world in order to improve my sailing skills and become a more competent sailor.I have seen your post here,as I am currently in the region,I am interested in join you on this marvellous trip.Last year I had chance to realize a long-time dream of me and have crossed the Atlantic from November 2015 to December 2015 from Gran Canaria - Spain to Barbados in the Caribbean making over 3000 miles across the ocean as a part of a team.Beforehand,I have sailed quite a lot of times on Turkish,Italian and Greek coasts in Mediterranean.

As a person from Aegean Coast of Turkey,I was brought up with sea culture. I'm an energetic,laid-back,cheerful,tidy as well as a responsible person (as medical school requires it a lot) and
I like cooking Turkish,Greek and Med-cuisine with as well as some well-known dishes from Asian and Mexican cuisines alhough I am not a professional cook.
More detailedly for sailing,I have attended basic sailing courses for 4 months and then participated in some sailing races along the Aegean coast of Turkey.I've taken part in boat transfers by both motoring and sailing on Greek and Turkish coasts,also from Italy to Greece and finally crossing the Atlantic from Spain to Barbados totally making around 5800 miles in the sea.I am an open-minded personality that makes it easier to get along with people from so different backgrounds.I am willing to take any duty and responsibility on the boat : Night watch,cooking,deckhand,sail trimming...
Moreover,as a medical student,I'm fully trained for first aid or any case of emergency as well as for basic medical interventions.Going to Antarctica requieres extra skills and I am willing to learn more and overcome the challenges.

I am currently in Chile,have been backpacking through Latin America since I arrived in the Caribbean after the Atlantic Crossing in 2015.I will be going down to Patagonia from this week and depending on your schedule we could talk more about the details.

I will appreciate your answer,
Thank you very much,
Barbaros
barbaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2017, 01:25   #30

Good luck guys! Amateur question: isn't February a little late down there?
GTom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, crew, crew wanted, wanted