Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Pacific & South China Sea
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2012, 13:24   #61

Re: Looking For Info Re; La Paz And/Or Cabo San Lucas Mexico Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
in the tiny teeny fine print , i read that if you are able to receive usps mail delivery, is ok,
besides nowadays there is automatic deposit--you have a usa bank. you keep that usa bank. you get money monthly if you qualify. many folks downhere who are expats are va benefits recipients and/or ssdi or ssi recipients..
My understanding is that it is not just USPS delivery... as they can send checks to other countries, where the fulfilment of the mail delivery is that countries national mail carrier.... But the direct deposit is probably the best and easiest option...
EzzyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 20:44   #62

Hello: Is there anyway for me to have a 'hotspot' while cruising down the coast? is there any company['s that offer sailors internet access while out in the water sailing">blue water Sailing from seattle to la paz?
thanks. stephen.k.r
ELSKEDE
elskede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2012, 20:48   #63

also. once im in mexico what is the best choice for a liveaboard to use for internet access. and ill be anchoring out. is there cellphone company's that run 4g for $50month like in the states or CLEAR wire internet over the 'air'.?
also; what is my best choice for a cellphone company down BAJA SUR? MEANING cheapest with unlimited minutes, net and text. not that i'll have anyone to call right away
THX; STEPHEN
elskede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 06:52   #64
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by elskede View Post
also. once im in mexico what is the best choice for a liveaboard to use for internet access. and ill be anchoring out. is there cellphone company's that run 4g for $50month like in the states or CLEAR wire internet over the 'air'.?
also; what is my best choice for a cellphone company down BAJA SUR? MEANING cheapest with unlimited minutes, net and text. not that i'll have anyone to call right away
THX; STEPHEN
this doesnt happen. each port has marinas, marinas have wifi--but code keys are necessary. i let my sprint go bye bye---i use wifi, which kinda suxx, but is available when in marinas and in restaurants....i dont use my puter at sea..only in marinas or in restaurants. la cruz has Cruiser's Comfort
for use by cruisers in the la cruz anchorage--reasonable with wifi and showers...between ensenada and mazatlan i dont know about the wifi situation...mazatlan--in old harbor is club nautico--50 pesos daily for landing dink on a panga dock and use of "cllubhouse" and wifi--talk with francisco--safety for dinks, and showers and wifi....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 07:18   #65

Just a thought...on page 3 , I read you're 44.
What's your secret to allow drawing your SS at 44?
Or did I read this wrong?
Brogan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 07:21   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogan007 View Post
Just a thought...on page 3 , I read you're 44.
What's your secret to allow drawing your SS at 44?
Or did I read this wrong?
\

is called disibility and is no secret-qualified folks are disabled by long procedure --and being labelled creates a small income monthly,plus a retroactive sum, not much, also, as it doesnt compete with the income earned prior to the disabling incident, or underlying disease, as the case may be..
Old 16-10-2012, 07:23   #67

"My understanding is that it is not just USPS delivery... as they can send checks to other countries, where the fulfilment of the mail delivery is that countries national mail carrier.... But the direct deposit is probably the best and easiest option..."

you must read the fine and extra fine print on the page received when you actually begin to receive the payments. there is a rule book presented in the packet sent to you when you qualify for the income. mine stated i am able to receive ssdi wherever USPS is able to be delivered.
always read fine print.....
Old 16-10-2012, 08:51   #68

Boat: non now

by all means,keep your us bank.i live on funds from the atm.also check which bank charges the least amount to withdraw.right now banamex charges about 30 pesos per withdrawal.bancomer and the cash machines in the convenience stores charge over 60p.also mexican bank accounts are taxed.if you're looking for meds i'd recommend pharmacia familiar.they have branches all over and specialize in generics.
scorpio49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 09:14   #69

you need your us bank account.
you will have to prove to mexico you are not a drag on their economy .. is also how you will receive your ssdi payments. without the us bank you will not receive your payments.. is more important than the usps delivery clause.

Tags
Mexico