Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-12-2019, 18:19   #1

Where would you go live to learn to sail?

I know that I can take sailing classes just about anywhere. So learning to sail isn't a location specific event, but...

My wife and I are looking to learn to sail with hopes of perhaps becoming liveaboards eventually.

We have no home currently. We are unhappy where we are. So we are looking to move anyway. We are not in a coastal state, and never have been. There is no employment considerations, so we can go anywhere we want. We do have a bunch of kids at home still. With a goal of sailing, we'd like to go somewhere where it would be quite easy to familiarize ourselves with the culture and activities. Where it is easy to visit marinas, boat shows, find crew opportunities, meet and befriend other sailors, etc. We'd rent rather than buy.

So if you could go anywhere to do that, where would you go? We are looking into East Coast of the US, but I'd love to hear about other worldwide locations. (Be specific if you can... so rather than saying South Carolina, give me the name of the town and why.) What sailing school/instructor? What yacht club, etc?

Cheers!
JensenJourney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grass, sail