Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-12-2013, 08:21   #16
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: What really happened to "Joshua"?

I feel perhaps it is a bit sad that both Charlie and Lin both think this story is what we should remember/talk about after Moitessier's death. He was a legend, did a lot of amazing things, and contributed a lot . . . and I would have thought/preferred those would be the better stories to remember him by.

I have made a lot of mistakes in my life, but I hope my friends remember and focus on my few accomplishments and contributions. I suspect that Lin and Charlie would feel the same away about their own legacy's.
estarzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2013, 11:46   #17

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35

Since I started this thread I think in full disclosure I need to re-print Lin's remarks when she posted the story on FaceBook. Here's what she said ..

Quote:
A friend just sent me this interesting blog about a Bernard Moitessier. We had some very special times with him when we spent time together in Tahiti. he was on the boat that replaced Joshua. I doubt we would have shared this story of Bernard and Cabo if Herb hadn't heard about it from the editor we worked with at that time.
I don't think she is saying this is what we should remember about Bernard but just that's it's an interesting story.

P.S. Lin also just posted that "Taleisin" is going up for sale. Anybody looking to buy a piece of cruising history?
Old 24-12-2013, 03:28   #18
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodles View Post
Since I started this thread I think in full disclosure I need to re-print Lin's remarks when she posted the story on FaceBook. Here's what she said ..

I don't think she is saying this is what we should remember about Bernard but just that's it's an interesting story.

P.S. Lin also just posted that "Taleisin" is going up for sale. Anybody looking to buy a piece of cruising history?
I just had a look at their public facebook page and I don't see any post saying Taleisin is going up for sale. Not that I could afford it in my wildest dreams.

About BM -- at least he didn't fabricate his voyages like Tristan Jones. So he was in a Cabo bar getting drunk and chasing chicks, and the yachting press got a different version of Joshua's shipwreck. This sort of story just adds to the 'Moitessier Mystique' if you ask me.
LBW399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2013, 03:49   #19
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold

Yes, Taleisin is for sale. Lin has posted that they are in the process of "interviewing potential buyers". Appropriate? I'd say yes. A boat like that deserves a proper owner.
Old 24-12-2013, 03:53   #20
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud3 View Post
Yes, Taleisin is for sale. Lin has posted that they are in the process of "interviewing potential buyers". Appropriate? I'd say yes. A boat like that deserves a proper owner.
I am not on proper facebook (and never will be) so I was only looking at their public facebook page, and I don't seen anything there.

Maybe they will buy back Serafynn.

Who knows. I wish 'em well and looking forward to reading McCormicks book when it comes on Kindle.
LBW399 is offline   Reply With Quote