Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2006, 03:39   #16
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
I would grab that mooring. I wish we had something like it here in Melbourne, FL.

Rick in Florida
(80 miles north of you)
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 20:38   #17

Boat: CAL 3-46
Send a message via AIM to Latitude9.5
We moved her this weekend in the lovely labor day weather, hope yours was better a bit to the north, but from the looks of the radar there were few clear spots!

I really like the anchorage, the people are very cool, the facility is nice and we really like the additional privacy of being on the bouy. I do however hate our crappy plastic dinghy, gonna get an inflatable!

I have a good wifi signal from our spot, 3 of 5 bars. Anyhow if yer ever in the area come on by!
Latitude9.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 20:58   #18
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Scott,

Glad the morring worked out for you.

We spent the weekend on the boat but had southerly breezes when attempting to sail down to Sebastian on Saturday. Needless to say, we motored more than we sailed. The weather was also nasty up our way, and we came home in hours and hours of pourin down rain...but.... hey I was on my boat and that's not at all a bad thing.

Rick in Florida
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:20   #19

Moorings with free dockside tie up for work and so forth would be the way to go. A decent solar or wind system can keep your batts topped up.

You can come and go when you want.. even come along side for major provisioning and work.

You lay to wind which is much more pleasant when you are on board but not underway.

You have privacy and don't have to smell other boat exhaust, listen to their chatter and music... or other annoying sounds and smells. I liken docks to apartment living in a slum and a mooring or anchor as being in a county home atop a mountain.

Moorings are safer too.. you don't have to deal with fenders ruining your hull... or the jerk next to you smashing you when he comes or goes.

Jef
sv Shiva
Contest 36s
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote