Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2020, 06:24   #1

Boat: Beneteau 331
SR Mariner Mast Head Unit

The anemometer on my masthead unit has lost a cup. Does anyone recognize this model and any suggestions where I can find a replacement?

SR Mariner is out of business. It appears that they are selling a masthead unit but without the anemometer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3129.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	427.0 KB
ID:	221064  
Tmacmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 07:34   #2

Boat: Mirage 27 in Toronto; Wright 10 in Auckland
Re: SR Mariner Mast Head Unit

I have an old SR wind masthead instrument that did not function; the bearings, as I recall, were shot. But the wind trefoil is intact and I can send it to you if you'll pay the shipping. Dunno how that would work but I'll leave it up to you to figure out if you want it. I'm in Toronto.

Connemara
Connemara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 09:28   #3

I purchased some replacement cups from sr about 2 years ago and they came right away and packed so not broken. They don't seem to list them anymore but if you contact Cory, he is the go to guy there for mariner stuff.

https://srinstruments.com/mariner-parts

Connemara, if you don't have uptake on your old masthead unit, I will. let me know. don't want to butt in but would love to have a spare for parts.
Old 11-08-2020, 11:06   #4

Boat: Beneteau 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
I have an old SR wind masthead instrument that did not function; the bearings, as I recall, were shot. But the wind trefoil is intact and I can send it to you if you'll pay the shipping. Dunno how that would work but I'll leave it up to you to figure out if you want it. I'm in Toronto.

Connemara
Connemara I'll PM' you. Sorry Halifax, I called SR Mariner and they confirmed they no longer have them in stock.

TMACMI
Tmacmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 16:13   #5

If you don't have any luck fitting that one, I have several single cups (that i could contribute) from "last years" mishaps that I use to make or replace when missing a cup. The one at the top now is reinforced with two part epoxy glue, both top and bottom, then faired to ensure it spins. So far, same spinner for two seasons!!! Three years in a row I lost a single cup half way through the season and since I don't do heights, no speed for the rest of the season. I like you wa wondering so contacted SR and purchased 3 new ones while they still had stock. Also picked up a second whole system so have spare cards for both main unit and remote cockpit unit. Also have lots of cables and plugs for both units so if you get stuck let me know.

Tags
head, marine, mast