Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-08-2010, 19:29   #1

Siren 17 Help

Hello, would someone have a Siren 17 Manual with diagrams they could send me? I just bought one and need a couple of diagrams of the main and boom rigging.

thanks!
weltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 06:47   #2
CF Adviser

Location: Wherever our boat is; Playa Zaragoza, Isla Margarita
Boat: 1994 Solaris Sunstream 40
Hi weltj and welcome to the forum. I owned a Siren while I was in University and they are a great little daysailor/occasional overnighter. As I recall, the mainsheet system changed during production - the original ones had a bridle arrangement (two fiddle blocks on each corner of the transom), while some later ones had a single fiddle block on the cockpit sole.

With respect to the rest of the rigging - very simple, actually. There was a basic furler on the forestay, two shrouds mounted well aft and, if I remember correctly, no backtstay. There are two (I believe external) halyards that cleat on the mast (no winch), an outhaul on the boom (again without a winch) and two pivoting cam cleats for the genoa sheets (some also had small tracks and fairleads). That's about it.

For raising and lowering the mast, attach the foot of the mast to the mast base with a pin, attach the halyards losely, have someone on deck to guide the mast side to side, attach a line to the end of the forestay and have someone pull it up into position and then insert a clevis pin in one of the slots (there is no turnbuckle on the forestay, as I recall, but rather slotted plates).

Brad
Southern Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 14:04   #3

Brad, thanks for the info. We have it figured out mostly. However something is not right with the jib furler its not working like it should. We must have done something wrong. The front or head of the sail has D clips on it and that is confusing. Is there suppose to be a line from the mast to the furler otherwise these clips are useless.
weltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 14:20   #4

Try asking on Trailersailer.com great folks there as well, and more likely to find an actual owner who will PM you what you need. Small sailboats are great!
CastOff is offline   Reply With Quote