Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-08-2018, 15:14   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 35.1
Single handed encouragement needed

When we bought our Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 37 two years ago my wife and I were planning to be sailing together. She was new to sailing and I was returning. After two years our proficiency is going up; we even feel comfortable leaving and returning to the slip.

Early this year my wife has been afflicted with some physical issues. She will likely overcome them, but not for some time. She told me after the last time out she was in pain most of the time. No more sailing for her until she is well, though she can sit in the cockpit and enjoy the time on the water.

That leaves me to single hand the boat. I've done that with smaller boats, ones easier to handle by myself. My reaction was to put the boat up for sale with the plan to purchase a boat more suitable to single handing. But we like this boat so much!

I need encouragement to help me get over the barrier and comfortable sailing on my own.
Dr. D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, men, single