Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2022, 18:21   #1

seeking Knowledge

I am seeking out advice on safe bluewater cruisers, but I am uncertain about which forum to enter. I have already messed up My introduction. Sorry about that.
New2theBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2022, 18:37   #2
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Seeking knowledge

Mono's in the mono forum..
Cats in the Cat forum..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2022, 18:44   #3

Smile Re: Seeking knowledge

Thank You Boatman61. I appreciate You taking time out of Your dark stormy night to help Me.
Old 19-05-2022, 19:15   #4
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Seeking knowledge

No worries.. was getting bored with the Captain of the ship..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2022, 06:15   #5

Re: Seeking knowledge

Ahhh...a wise man indeed. I should pay attention, or My Captain (formerly First Mate) will have Me walking the plank. She was intrigued by the Maritime Laws concerning burial at Sea. Hope You have a great day.
Old 20-05-2022, 06:20   #6
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Seeking knowledge

They always say knowledge is power; but, I'm pretty sure I could have beat up Stephen Hawking.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2022, 07:32   #7

Re: seeking Knowledge

Thanks for the first laugh of the day. What would life be without humor?
Old 20-05-2022, 07:54   #8

Boat: Looking to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2theBlue View Post
I am seeking out advice on safe bluewater cruisers, but I am uncertain about which forum to enter. I have already messed up My introduction. Sorry about that.

Well searching on the net, will give you several links, to what many consider as "Bluewater" sailboats.

https://bluewaterboats.org/
https://sailboat.guide/discover/blue-water-boats
https://sailuniverse.com/2020/03/05/...boats-we-love/
https://www.hashtagboatlife.com/sailboat-buying-guide/
Drek4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2022, 08:23   #9

WOW!!! I sure appreciate the links/info. I wish I would have known about this site sooner. In My ignorance, I was looking at a beautiful, but a loser of a boat. At least according to dozens of posts on line. I won't mention the brand, as not to offend anyone. I hope that You have a great day.
Old 20-05-2022, 10:36   #10

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Welcome.

I would suggest updating your profile with your general location and your boat make & model or “Looking” in the "Boat" category. This info shows up under your UserName in every post in the web view. Many questions are boat and/or location dependent and having these tidbits under your UserName saves answering those questions repeatedly. If you need help setting up your profile then click on this link: https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3308797

I would happily help more if the link above is not enough.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2022, 11:40   #11

Boat: Reinke S10 & Raven 26
Send a message via Skype™ to grantmc

Welcome to the forum NewtotheBlue (nice moniker) and as Adelie said, please fill in your profile. It does help others. Maybe change the thread name too, it's rather vague don't you think. Perhaps Seeking Knowledge about Safe Blue Water Cruisers.

And give us a bone at least. You want sail, diesel, electrickery? New or used? What's the budget, and where are you planning to go? Carrib, South Pacific, Japan, Alaska, or a North East Passage across the motherland perhaps? Short handed, or do you have a budget for a professional crew?

'Safe' is a curious word to use in respect to a boat. Benetti make especially safe yachts and I'd recommend them.

My personal favourite is the Ovni 400. Oh but sadly, due to my genealogy, (although I'm sure it was completely the fault of my parents and grand parents before tham) I wasn't born to wealth, and as much as I have been waiting for the call to join a super group and so become a rock star, so far that call hasn't arrived and I can only continue to be patient. But an Ovni 400 is as near as possible to the perfect boat for my needs, ambitions and preferences. And not to ignore that having such a wonderful yacht would of itself convey to all around me that I have a really really big ....

And I have complete confidence that all Benettis and Ovnis are 'safe' blue water, cruiser capable.

Also OP please by my friend, I have so few, and I found out the other day that here on CF, having friends is actually very important. And there's even a thing called an ignore list. I was astonished, who would have guessed? Boatie, Adelie, Gordmay, Drek4, anyone reading, please be my friends too, please, please.

And is it Bluewater or Blue Water? I never know. I thought using the colour blue would be a nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
No worries.. was getting bored with the Captain of the ship..
Oh no, don't stop! I want to hear the story!
Old 20-05-2022, 13:33   #12

What is an OP? Yeah...new. Very new.
Old 20-05-2022, 13:43   #13

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

OP: Original Poster, ie started the thread.
PO: Previous Owner, of the boat you own.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2022, 13:48   #14

Adelie, thank You. I Love this site, and will update My profile soon. I am reading various books on sailing, and all things nautical that I can find. Royce's, Learning to Sail, First Time Around, and more. However, I realize that would help.
Old 20-05-2022, 13:59   #15

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

It's morning here, so good morning, New2theblue, welcome to CF. When you introduce yourself in a group of people, then usually someone asks you about yourself, after they say the local equivalent of "nice to meet you". If you fill out your profile with info about you, others will look at it, and tune their answers to your experience level and location, to the best of their abilities. There are two Cates here, Jim (my husband) and me, and both of us have filled out our profiles. Mine just goes up to when I joined CF.

Enjoy your stay.

Ann