Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 18-04-2003, 22:02   #1

Sailing season is here . . .just paid dock fees

It's that time of year!! Just paid dock fees for this season. $650.00. Didn't go up from last year, thank goodness. I'm in a Central Ohio Lake. Fees are for whenever you put the boat in until whenever you take it out in the fall. What kind of dockage $ are you paying in your area?
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2003, 11:12   #2
Scurvy Dog

Slip fees

I was quoted $1850 in Holland, MI for a 28' boat. That is about $66 per foot for one season.

I am also looking at a 40' condo dock for $20,000. It seems overpriced but it is very nice and located in walking distance from my house.
Skylark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2003, 22:31   #3

Per season not per foot

Where I dock, it's just per season not per foot. I have a 26 footer.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2003, 08:46   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Amanda Faye 61' Custom Irwin aftcockpit ketch
I paid $3000. for the season. I had a big hassel getting them to stand by last falls quote, they did not stand by it but we did come to terms. Another marina wanted $4200. and another wanted $4800. Boats cost money.... it never stops.
irwinsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2003, 03:29   #5

Boat: Wauquiez Hood 38, S/V Invictus
YES! Let the season begin! Whew...finally.

I usually go in the water early. Splashed March 17 this year. My marina is $3400/yr for a 38ft boat (actually, we pay by the slip...so 38-44ft, same price).

Its gorgeous here now. Will be nice to spend the weekend aboard.

My best to all.

John
John Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 06:53   #6

Boat: No boat at present
Send a message via Yahoo to otgadventures
Water pollution

The price of the 'slip' seems to be controlled by the prices of the houses that drain their roof water into the marina, in a sort of 'money pollution' dribble down effect. The marina where our boat is at present, (where we bought it) in Punta Gorda Florida is charging the monthly rate of $550, which annualizes to $6600 for a wet slip/water/power. It is surrounded by 4 unit condos that go for $500K and up, so I guess that water is CERTAINLY polluted with money runoff.

We're moving it OUT ASAP, and hope we get a good weather window in 3 weeks to move it towards TX. Any marina poop on TX, like price info?

Oh well, BOAT does stand for Bring Out Another Thousand after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 19-07-2006, 18:19   #7

Boat: C&C 27
I'm at about $2,400 per year for a floating dock. A gemini 105 would fit in my slip. There is a longer thread on this subject from about two months ago.
Pura Vida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2006, 18:40   #8

pirate Way Way much better!

We're headed that way. Name of marina?

Is there some place there we can do a haulout for bottom painting, as owners? The present location of the boat, besides the $550 a month for slip, paid $10-12 K for an electric sliplift and doesn't paint the bottom. Nice, but spendy.

I will review the thread from earlier to which you refer.

regards,

Bob

? is there a 'salvation navy?'
Old 19-07-2006, 20:01   #9

Boat: CAL 3-46
Send a message via AIM to Latitude9.5
never heard of this "sailing season" you speak of but here in south florida i rent a dock from a guy behind his vacant lot, costs me 250 a month with power and water, which is very cheap, it's usually 12 a foot around here with a yearly lease.
Latitude9.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 11:41   #10
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

"here in south florida ... it's usually 12 a foot around here with a yearly lease."

Don't worry, that can't go up more than tenfold in the next couple of years.<G>

Vacant lot?? Now, that's become a real rarity in south Florida, it will be a condo one morning when you wake up.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 12:54   #11

Boat: Privilege 37
If you lot reckon thaty is expensive have a look at http://www.salterns.co.uk/pages/content.asp?PageID=93

Then add on the additional fees which for a 30 ft boat are at least another £600 or so.
Old 21-07-2006, 13:06   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbot
If you lot reckon thaty is expensive have a look at http://www.salterns.co.uk/pages/content.asp?PageID=93

Then add on the additional fees which for a 30 ft boat are at least another £600 or so.
Wow! That is INCREDIBLE! Good Thing WE won the war!
grin

It is time for another revolution. Can ye mount cannon on your vessel capn?
Old 21-07-2006, 13:33   #13

Boat: CAL 3-46
Send a message via AIM to Latitude9.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor
"here in south florida ... it's usually 12 a foot around here with a yearly lease."

Don't worry, that can't go up more than tenfold in the next couple of years.<G>

Vacant lot?? Now, that's become a real rarity in south Florida, it will be a condo one morning when you wake up.
Actually in my area if you look through the local paper you can fine dockage on private docks for under $300 any day of the week, you just can't live aboard. I could have had a spot for $200 a month, but it was about 3 hours from the inlet, my spot is about 1500 feet from the inlet.
Latitude9.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2006, 16:42   #14

Boat: C&C 27
I'm in a marina called Watergate Yachting Center. It is about 1200 slips and is a good community of sailors. There is a yard on site that I use for stuff I won't do. For do it yourself there are two yards, one in Clear Lake proper (I can't remember the name) and Hillmans down the bay. Both are draft restricted but I don't expect that you would have a problem. As a "heads up" on price I've been there for a few years and am willing to pay for a year at a time. There are thousands of slips in the area so I am sure that you can find something that fits your style. Some of the marinas are pretty bare bones and you can even rent slips from individuals at cheap rates. Other marinas have all the trappings, blue blazers, etc. Clear Lake is about 30 minutes from the minor airport and an hour and fifteen minutes from the international. Now that I have sounded like I work for the chamber of commerce some things you should know. There are a lot of boats here, I mean a lot of boats. Some prefer the less trafficed areas down the coast in Corpus, Rockport or Padre and on some days I agree with them. Also the water is muddy here. The weather is considered by some to be uncomfortable. The natives call it 'warm'; read high temps and high humidity. Finally we pronounce Colorado the same way it is pronounced in Spanish and there is a big river in the area of that same name so you will hear it from time to time. Some have been offended by this and that is the only reason I bring it up.

Anyway come on down...
Pura Vida is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fees