Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2016, 00:05   #181

Location: Panama / Bahamas / Newport RI / Marathon Fl (now mostly)
Boat: Bristol CC 41.1
Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

By the way... it is happening again... this time differently though... the Islamic hoards are invading Europe through Lesbos by leaky boats. Europe through its weakness is being invaded again. Watch how this intensifies in the coming years. In the wonderful culture that was Moorish Spain, if you read history, white European Christian women were sex slaves. Oh How history repeats itself. Europe is in decline now. Europe doesn't have the will to look at reality because that would demand action.

Spain remembers though.....
Old 27-02-2016, 01:19   #182

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
white European Christian women were sex slaves.
This was as much due to the Christians as anyone else!

Give it a break, please.

Ann
Old 27-02-2016, 01:24   #183

OK Anne... let's get back to sailboats... few arguments there...
Old 27-02-2016, 02:24   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by conachair View Post
At least there's soap...

Soap comes in handy when you light your fire in the desert with dried camel dung
Old 27-02-2016, 02:48   #185

You should try having a drink with them there next time.
Old 27-02-2016, 02:58   #186

Thomas Jefferson handled the Barbary Pirates with boots and guns an ocean away while the Europeans quivered in their slippers paying tribute to the Caliphate of Libya. We have experience dealing with these brutes. America gets tired of bailing Europe out.

As De Gaulle said about the French... " the Americans are stupid but strong while the French are smart but cowardly".... could be applied to most European countries these days...

Maybe Britain will exit the cowardly cabal ... they being such bigots of course with their Christian background...
Old 27-02-2016, 05:15   #187

Boat: Heritage 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfarmer View Post
Do we have any volunteers to row and sail a Dragon ship replica with oar duty from Greenland to New Foundland this summer to prove a point?
Actually there has been at least 6 Longships that have done just that in the last little while and another coming across this summer that is looking for volunteers. Also just for the record if your sailing from Newfoundland to Greenland your not going West but North or North East. If your coasting down the Labrador then your going west to the top of Labrador then East for about 3 days to Greenland.
Old 27-02-2016, 05:32   #188

Boat: Heritage 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholson31 View Post
That's an opportunity that doesn't come along everyday, hope you got pictures!!
Lots!
Old 27-02-2016, 06:30   #189

Polux and Boatman61...

not that you are... but I believe the Muslims that are invading Europe right now...(that is the 20 something year old males) consider you both "useful idiots". Did you know that Greece intercepted recently 2 40 foot containers that were filled with assault weapons? Just suppose you are both right and I am wrong... then I am just a bothersome ignoramus blathering on the internet... but suppose I am right and you are wrong? Then you just helped sink the future of a peaceful Europe for generations to come... and you have to live with that.
Old 27-02-2016, 06:33   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinka1 View Post
Actually there has been at least 6 Longships that have done just that in the last little while and another coming across this summer that is looking for volunteers. Also just for the record if your sailing from Newfoundland to Greenland your not going West but North or North East. If your coasting down the Labrador then your going west to the top of Labrador then East for about 3 days to Greenland.
I would love to be on the crew of that Viking replica sailing/rowing from Greenland to New Foundland... What an experience! (That is if they make it)
Old 27-02-2016, 07:01   #191

Sheesh, and I thought I often post off topics...

It looks like both sides of the debate are a bit off. You can't compare Muslims of 10-11c Caliphate and today's hoards streaming into Europe any more than you can equate recently Christina Meroving or Carolinian crowd with their modern co-religionists. Have to compare apples to apples. Besides, contrary to popular modern, especially American, beliefs - history and human development is cyclical not linear and a developed culture often reverts back to it's less developed state. It happened time and time again. And so we can't really look at today's state of any given culture and ascribe to it the same state 1000 years ago. And vice versa.

BTW back to the original topic.

Why no one is talking about this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_potato

"The sweet potato or kumara (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the family Convolvulaceae.

Its large, starchy, sweet-tasting, tuberous roots are a root vegetable. The young leaves and shoots are sometimes eaten as greens. Ipomoea batatas is native to the tropical regions in the Americas

In Peru, the Quechua name for a type of sweet potato is kumar, strikingly similar to the Polynesian name kumara and its regional Oceanic cognates (kumala, umala, 'uala, etc.), which has led some scholars to suspect an instance of Pre-Columbian trans-oceanic contact.

In New Zealand, the most common variety is the Red (purple) cultivar, and is called kumara, a name derived from the Māori name kūmara..."
Old 27-02-2016, 07:04   #192

Boat: Comet 41s

Quote:
Polux and Boatman61...

not that you are... but I believe the Muslims that are invading Europe right now...(that is the 20 something year old males) consider you both "useful idiots". Did you know that Greece intercepted recently 2 40 foot containers that were filled with assault weapons? Just suppose you are both right and I am wrong... then I am just a bothersome ignoramus blathering on the internet... but suppose I am right and you are wrong? Then you just helped sink the future of a peaceful Europe for generations to come... and you have to live with that.
Muslims are not invading Europe they are escaping from war on their devastated countries, the same way Europeans flee to North Africa to escape II world war. They are not invaders but refuges and I believe most Europeans and their governments feel somehow guilt for having contributed (even if not the major responsible) to create the conditions that lead to the devastation of their countries and to this humanitarian catastrophe.

Seeing the refugees as only one way that can be used by fundamentalists to increase terrorism in Europe and therefore prevent them to take refuge here, reveals an almost total absence of humanitarianism and humanitarianism is what makes us different than ISIS.

We are willing to increase our own safety risks and diminish our wealth for not losing our humanity, even in Portugal that you seem to think is a very poor country.
Old 27-02-2016, 07:07   #193
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Oldest European Settlement in US

Quote:
Polux and Boatman61...

See what happens when you make assumptions..
I was actually really pissed of with Merkel and Hollande trying to gain supporters/voters for their Prussian-Franco Dream.. and who better than horde's of 'Grateful immigrants.' we see this political scam at play all to often in the UK not to recognise the game.
My view at the start was turn back all single men of fighting age and only allow women, children, the old and infirm and disabled.
You are new to 'The Great Game' old chap.. us Brits have been playing it successfully for centuries.. but sadly we are controlled by the EU and the USA these days so what the Masters say our 'Kiss Ass' politico's do.
One of the reasons I am pushing for an EXIT of the EU.. mind.. I voted against going in in the 1st place.. but the 'Fear Factor was used.. as it is today.. and in we went.
Obama does not want us out.. it'll mess up the Taking the Piss Trade Agreement he's just bullied out of Brussel's.. and Berlin.. just threaten to pull out the US missile defence and they're jelly.. and we all know how long France would resist in a war scenario.. been there before
So.. We want our borders and Sovereignty back.. or as that Aussie midget with the ***** accent said....

"FREEDOM..!!"

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 27-02-2016, 07:10   #194

At last we see eye to eye and agree on something... Brits should get the hell out of that european quagmire pronto. To hell with Obama and Merkel!
Old 27-02-2016, 07:14   #195

If things continue in Europe as they are now... it would be a good idea for every European to own an ocean going sailboat just in case. We have room for you in America.
Closed Thread

Tags
Europe, men, rope