Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2014, 16:43   #166

Boat: Ohlson 38
Re: Last pictures of Primadonna

I love watching movies where the villain is confronted by the hero and after a great battle the powers of good triumph over evil and the criminal is killed or vanquished.

Nobody ever mentions trials or criminal proceedings for the villain because we all intuitively know that sometimes the only way justice can be had is extra-judicially

While probably not legal (I wouldn't have done it) there is definitely justice in the pillaging of this boat. Certainly more justice than our imperfect legal system could administer in this case. We truly do reap the seeds we sow.

I'll cheer as subsequent thieves strip it clean.
Old 14-04-2014, 16:50   #167

Boat: Mariner 36

"There are those that live by a moral/ethical compass and those that do not. The picture is clear. Good luck and good sailing."

I'll drink to that.
Old 14-04-2014, 16:58   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner36bob View Post
"There are those that live by a moral/ethical compass and those that do not. The picture is clear. Good luck and good sailing."

I'll drink to that.
Perhaps the picture is so clear to you because you are watching a black and white set.

Having different value systems doesn't mean having none. Just different and worthy of a conversation. Get a color set..they're not clearer but more nuanced.
Old 14-04-2014, 17:24   #169
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboatingnow View Post
Least we loose sight here, what happened in Oriental, no way justifies the thieving scum that looted her in the Bahamas, there is no moral equivalency

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave that is not what my post said in the slightest. I do not think either event has any bearing on the other. I was simply correcting a post that seemed to imply that pascal had written the check for products at the store. He didn't get anything except the cash he conned pat out of. It had nothing to do with the provision company, except nice guy Pat works there.
I am not saying that pascals shady criminal activity makes it ok to loot his abandoned yacht.

I do think that there was a element of salvage going on as no one is returning for the yacht.
Old 14-04-2014, 17:34   #170

Boat: Mariner 36

There's a wallet.
Over there on the ground.
Do you steal it?
Or do you not?
Black?
Or white?
There's no grey.
Old 14-04-2014, 17:59   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner36bob View Post
There's a wallet.
Over there on the ground.
Do you steal it?
Or do you not?
Black?
Or white?
There's no grey.
I watched the guy who dropped that wallet rob an old lady at gunpoint three months ago.

I see lots of grey.
Old 14-04-2014, 18:05   #172
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

I don't know what the answer is, but I've been swayed heavily to change my mind thanks to the moral voices.
Old 14-04-2014, 18:24   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
I don't know what the answer is, but I've been swayed heavily to change my mind thanks to the moral voices.
I've heard some pompous old men pretending to be moral who have advocated blindly following the "letter of the law" to the detriment of the spirit of the law. But I wasn't swayed.
Old 14-04-2014, 18:26   #174
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

Oh that is too good to respond to, VA boy. Made me smile. Right on.
Old 14-04-2014, 18:27   #175

Boat: Cape Dory

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia boy View Post
I've heard some pompous old men pretending to be moral who have advocated blindly following the "letter of the law" to the detriment of the spirit of the law. But I wasn't swayed.
Yeah, we kinda got that about you VB. Tell us, what is the "spirit" of salvage law?
Old 14-04-2014, 18:31   #176

Boat: Cape Dory

Quote:
Perhaps the picture is so clear to you because you are watching a black and white set.

Having different value systems doesn't mean having none. Just different and worthy of a conversation. Get a color set..they're not clearer but more nuanced.
I love the sort of "value system" that allows one to justify for themselves what the law denies to everyone else . . .. Funny those "independent types" rarely deny themselves due to their independent thinking.
Old 14-04-2014, 18:36   #177

Boat: Various

Quote:
Pompous old men....well, I'm not old.

Pretending to be moral......I am moral and ethical. There may be many things I am not but I don't grasp how you feel justified in accusing anyone who is posting of pretending to be moral. Some people actually are, you know.

Spirit of the law? Are you implying the spirit is that it's fine to steal? Or the spirit is that Bahamian law doesn't matter? Who determines the spirit? And, yes, I generally do choose to follow the "letter of the law" because that's really what the law is.

You weren't swayed. Well, that's fine, but couldn't that just be stated without labeling and name calling?
Old 14-04-2014, 18:47   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
Yeah, we kinda got that about you VB. Tell us, what is the "spirit" of salvage law?
Actually, I don't believe this boat was salvage. It was illegally pilfered and "legally" these bloggers are culpable for the theft of property.

The "spirit" of the "law of the universe" wants to sink those miserable sociopath's boat and rob them of all they own. Just because a bunch of overfed and overpaid baby boomers fell for all that Mom, apple pie, and don't worry we're from the govt, cultural indoctrination doesn't make them moral or right. It only makes them a product of a manipulative propaganda machine and a temporary majority on CF.

Thank goodness for the newest generation who are immensely cynical and distrustful of government and police. Some things are best handled without calling for mommy (government) and I'm glad the universe has seen fit to spank those check kiting bastards.
Old 14-04-2014, 19:23   #179

Boat: csy 37

as some old greek philosopher once said .....

laws are made for the guidance of wise men,
and the blind obedience of fools.
Old 14-04-2014, 19:30   #180

Boat: Caliber 40 LRC
Last pictures of Primadonna

VB, you should change your monicker to California Boy, you'd fit right in with all the other nuts.
Closed Thread