Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-05-2012, 06:27   #46

Vote with your hull. Move to a true paradise.
daddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 06:45   #47
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Problems in 'Paradise' :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoMyHealth View Post
Please type with at least some barely legible English so we can understand your post. I'll bet your thoughts were valuable, but we will never know.
are you the only soul unable to read doj???? i love his posts. he rocks. he has one of the better senses of humor in this forum. is important to remain flexible-
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 07:15   #48

Boat: Beneteau 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag
are you the only soul unable to read doj???? i love his posts. he rocks. he has one of the better senses of humor in this forum. is important to remain flexible-
Nah, I got home late after a few drinks, read about 100 posts, ran into Dave's and it felt like a brick wall. So it probably wasn't the post (well, sort of the post). Sorry, Dave. Don't go changing' just to please me, brother.
IntoMyHealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 08:52   #49

Boat: 1981 Nor'sea 27

just wait until Zee goes on a roll with her pirate talk. Fun times for all.
Rhapsody-NS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 09:20   #50

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

I've said it before and I'll say it again, DOJs too frequent use of smilies makes his posts tedious to read.
Old 27-05-2012, 09:40   #51

Location: New Mexico and our S/V is in Fort Pierce..hope to be there soon and sailing.
Boat: S/V"KAREN", Pearson Alberg 35. an achilles dingy, 2 kyaks.

..Ya well they are most likely "in on it " in some manner or form....(recall the story from Santa Catalina/Two Harbors and the couple that had their dinghy stolen by some guys who left it adrift with their wallets in it identifying them and the subsequent apathy of law enforcement...and my own experience in Morro Bay CA..stolen Achilles...got it back when it was found out on beach near the inlet, cops knew who the thieves were and never prosecuted...and that is in CA!!!! where they bust every non-threatening type they can for every suspected thing possible... not the Caribbean... the message is pretty clear...your on your own....Lock it up and get that alarm as suggested by "Sandcrab"... wouldn't we all love to be able snuff out the thieves as "anjou" advocates...but that presents a whole new set of problems in and of itself......lock it up and maintain vigilance...
susanna reiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 09:48   #52
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
could try a old africa trick.............
an expat,after having his 3rd 4x4 hijached at gun point decided to get hold of some cyanide,which he very carefully added to a nearly full bottle of johnny walkers whiskey,this he left in the glove compartment.

sure enough 3 months later he was hijacked again,two days later the newspaper ran a story about 3 dead plain clothes police officers found in a stolen 4x4....................
I was thinking the same thing about the police being the purps...They wear a badge during the day and a mask at night..when you complain you are telling the police what they already know...the worst thing you can do to someone that lives in a corrupt system is call the law...DVC
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 10:46   #53

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
I was thinking the same thing about the police being the purps...They wear a badge during the day and a mask at night..when you complain you are telling the police what they already know...the worst thing you can do to someone that lives in a corrupt system is call the law...DVC
A prosecutor friend once told me a community gets the police service it deserves, and tolerates.
Old 27-05-2012, 12:04   #54

Location: New Mexico and our S/V is in Fort Pierce..hope to be there soon and sailing.
Boat: S/V"KAREN", Pearson Alberg 35. an achilles dingy, 2 kyaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Stocking View Post
A prosecutor friend once told me a community gets the police service it deserves, and tolerates.
Unfortunately, that is a bit of an over simplification ...an adage that is, however, not and is sadly so true..."..power breeds corruption."
susanna reiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 12:21   #55
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Maybe true,but it sure is a lot worse when you face poverty everyday and then you have got to deal with corrupt sheriff John Brown..we can just go and buy another dingy...DVC
Old 27-05-2012, 12:31   #56

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
Maybe true,but it sure is a lot worse when you face poverty everyday and then you have got to deal with corrupt sheriff John Brown..we can just go and buy another dingy...DVC
I didn't say I agreed with him.
His opinion was in connection with the lack of citizens coming forward with information to assist the police in solving the crimes, and the general apathy towards LEOs.
Old 27-05-2012, 12:49   #57
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
I see the somali pirates are less prolific now the world has grown balls and lost its shyness and decided laws dont work but death does.
Im thinking that the media isnt publishing some/a lot of the stories related to thost incidents in efforts to not give the pirates a venue they seem to employ
sailinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 13:19   #58
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
I didn't say I agreed with him.
His opinion was in connection with the lack of citizens coming forward with information to assist the police in solving the crimes, and the general apathy towards LEOs.
Maybe over simplified but I have found it to be true in the US in a lot of places..I have had rental property get broken into on the bad side of town and the cops could not have cared less..call them to my side of town and they solve the case of who stole a little bit of copper from a phone pole..I want my damn tools back and when I tell the cop on my side of town about them he tells me I wont ever see them again because,the other cop is the police chiefs brother in law and not a very bright person!!..they say a rich man can buy himself a not guilty verdict as the GOV. supports the succesful people not the unsuccesful, and rightly so in a capitilist society..lock up all the succesful people and the unsuccesful will be left to run things,cant have that.. hope that guy gets his dingy back...DVC
Old 27-05-2012, 18:28   #59
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

if one is unable to afford a new or replacement dink, one WILL maintain vigilance and keep the damthing lifted and well locked EVERYWHERE one sails.

btw--isnt pirate talk--is zeeglish because i cannot typo due to bad paws. so i have my gato typo for me.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 20:14   #60
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
if one is unable to afford a new or replacement dink, one WILL maintain vigilance and keep the damthing lifted and well locked EVERYWHERE one sails.

btw--isnt pirate talk--is zeeglish because i cannot typo due to bad paws. so i have my gato typo for me.
To amor el gato..DVC