Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-03-2011, 16:00   #16

Boat: Cobra 850
Send a message via Yahoo to Capitain Mike Send a message via Skype™ to Capitain Mike
Re: Wintering in Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena Vista View Post
Does anybody have any comments on the new marina in Messalonghi? They are offering very good rates for winter lay up.

Cheers
Buena Vista
We moored in the Bay but I took our dinghy into the marina looking for diesel, there was not any you wait for a man with a truck. The entrance to Messolonghi is narrow long and shallow and the sea entrance is governed by two bouys way out on the water. but the Marina looks safe and quiet but s a long walk from the hustle and bustle of the local town. If you are going to stay laid up or on the hard you can do it there. wthourt a problem.
Capitain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 16:31   #17

Send a message via Yahoo to Capitain Mike Send a message via Skype™ to Capitain Mike

Yes it is possible look at the harbour in google Earth there is a long arm running nort to south to the starboard of the marina and when entering the marina the fuel station is on your port side so there could be a surge if everything was right for it
Old 23-03-2011, 16:37   #18

Leros Island Dodecanese
Greece, 85400
Don Jupp
Technical Sales Admin.
Leros Island Dodecanese
Greece, 85400
Tel: +302247026009 / 26010
Fax: +302247026099 / 28200
Url:
http://www.lerosboatyard.gr

Leros Marina, Evros S.A.
The safest port in the Aegean Sea
Add.: P.O Box 30, Port of Lakki,
Leros 854 00, Greece
Tel.: +30 22470 24733, 26600, 26601
Fax: +30 22470 23947
Mob.: +30 6932574857
web:
e-mail:
VHF: Channel No 10

Leros Marina Evros S. A. offers full facilities, safe port, 700m private quay, moorings (5 brand new aluminum pontoons with mooring lines are already in use), dry docking, yacht servicing and travel lifting.
Moreover, a newly constructed external quay, on the east side of the marina, is ready to accommodate any kind of mega yachts up to 50 meters.
Leros Marina nestle
VHF Channel No 10, Call sign: Leros Marina
Telephone: +30 22470 24733 +30 22470 24733, 26600, 26601
Mobile 1: +30 6932574857
Mobile 2: +30 6944203957
Fax: +30 22470 23947
http://www.lerosmarina.gr/index.php?lang=en&option=frontpage
http://www.lerosmarina.gr/index.php?lang=en&option=frontpage
Email: info@lerosmarina.gr or lerosmar@hol.gr
Facilities
  1. Private Port, Private dry dock, Private quay
  2. New travel lift up to 160 ton(+25%) lifting capacity, second travel lift up to 50 ton
  3. New Travel trolley up to 60 ton lifting capacity
  4. 400 Dry-dock spaces
  5. Private port and quays for 150 boats.
  6. Aluminum pontoons with modern pillars providing electricity and water.
  7. Crane up to 150 ton lifting capacity
  8. Berthing on special steel cradles to ensure safety
  9. Lifting and Launching
  10. New reception and administration offices, central telephony system, computer systems, servers, intranet, internet.
  11. Wi-Fi high quality services with 2 hotspots, covering 100% of the marina and ticketing system
  12. Fresh water, electrical connections, toilets, hot showers
  13. Electricity and water
  14. Meteorological Information
  15. All fuelling needs including diesel, gasoline.
  16. Fenced security around marina and boatyard 24 hours
  17. Boat Sales
Rent a yacht, car and bike.
Old 23-03-2011, 16:40   #19

Quote:
Mmmmm .... just read about the Greek Cruising Tax "Law 3790", it seems staying in Greece for longer than 40 days is an expensive business if you are over 10m power or 15m sail. Can anyone throw any light on this tax? It seems I would be whacked about EUROS 6000, making Greece out of the question for a winter layover. Gouvia Marina says it has never been implemented but I am not sure I trust a bureacracy (actually I am sure and I don't). Any first hand experience out there?

Its the same with a UK car but when u leave Greece go to the local Police station and give them the keys so it cant be used. Until you return and I think that is ok
Old 30-03-2011, 13:09   #20

Boat: Selene 59

Regarding the Greek Cruising Tax Law 3790, I received this today from Med Marinas:

The Law 3790 issued in August 2009 has been amended by several other Ministerial Resolutions until today.

The current situation is that the so called "Special Tax" for boats staying in Greece more than 60days (not 40) is not in force as it requires an extra relative Law or Ministerial Resolution in order to be implemented.

Following the intensive actions against this Law by the Greek Marinas Association the Government officials have assured us that there is no intention to issue any resolution or Law concerning the implementation of this Tax.
Buena Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 20:15   #21

come turkey / fethiye I help you ocenmanuri@hotmail.com
oceanmanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 19:54   #22

Boat: Beneteau 57

Quote:
Mmmmm .... just read about the Greek Cruising Tax "Law 3790", it seems staying in Greece for longer than 40 days is an expensive business if you are over 10m power or 15m sail. Can anyone throw any light on this tax? It seems I would be whacked about EUROS 6000, making Greece out of the question for a winter layover. Gouvia Marina says it has never been implemented but I am not sure I trust a bureacracy (actually I am sure and I don't). Any first hand experience out there?
Regretably I have had some experience - we have a 57 ft boat which is on the hard at Aegina outside Athens - she is Australian registered and the Port Police and customs at Aegina were seriously attempting to apply the tax to us last year - and it delayed us about a week while they sorted out their administrative bits.
They were determining if the 40 days included "bonded" time - ie while the boat is out of the water. They decided that it did not include out of the water time.
There is a document http://masteryachts.gr/images/documents/specialtax.pdf which seems to suggest that the period has been extended to 60 days -which is better for a lot of people -
The is also a document :
Larger leisure boat taxes, passed in law to apply to sail vessels over 15m, and motor vessels over 10m, were indefinitely suspended from 13 May 2010 by a port police notice ref 131010/05-10 .
I am yet to get a copy of that actual notice -
Now - with these two documents - I have no idea if the tax will or wont be applied.
I have a boat manager in Greece and I will know more later on this year.
I do intend crossing to Turkey for a while this year and may stay there if the tax is to applied.
Splosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 20:50   #23

Splosh,

Thanks for the input. It appears to me that nobody really knows what is happening with this tax, other than the fact that it is there and if it is there, some bright spark will try to impress their boss by trying to impose it.

I have a helpful person in the Greek National Tourism Organisation in Sydney trying to find a reference to this "Signal Reference 131010/05-10". If I get a reply, I will post it here.
Old 04-04-2011, 22:18   #24

Hi.

I should not worry to much the left hand generally does not know what the right hand is doing.

Laws implemented in Brussels get ignored by the Greek Government if it suits them.

Best thing is go to the horses mouth, find out what port authority in Athens controls Aegina's ports and Police.

Central Port Authority of Piraeus: GTP Business directory Go here you can get the web links
This might help you if it'is not them they will know who it is for Aegina but they should know the set-up themselves

Central Port Authority of Piraeus
Port authority
Head office
50, Akti Miaouli Street 18510 PIRAEUS , ATTIKI , GREECE
Tel.: +30 210 4147800, 1441, 4511310-17, 4593000
Fax: +30 210 4511121
View map

Executives & Departments
Market police station, Tel.: 210 4185451
Port deputy officer, Tel.: 210 4511176
Port officer, Tel.: 210 4511129
Port police, Tel.: 210 4511001
Related Locations
Responsible for the ports:
DRAPETSONA, ATTIKI, GREECE
MICROLIMANO, PIRAEUS, GREECE
PIRAEUS, ATTIKI, GREECE
Principals / HQ / participations...
Central port authority of:
Ministry of Maritime Affairs, Islands and Halieutics, PIRAEUS, GREECE
Subsidiaries / affiliates / members...
Supervising authority for:
Supervising authority for:
Port Authority Department of Akti Tzelepi, PIRAEUS, GREECE
Port Authority Department of Flisvos & Trokantero, FLISVOS, GREECE
Port Authority Department of Keratsini, KERATSINI, GREECE
Port Authority Department of Perama, PERAMA, GREECE
Port Authority Department of Salamina, PALOUKIA, GREECE
Port Authority Department of Vouliagmeni, VOULIAGMENI, GREECE
Port Authority Department of Zea, ZEA, GREECE
Port Authority of Glyfada, GLYFADA, GREECE
Old 04-04-2011, 22:46   #25

Quote:
Splosh,

Thanks for the input. It appears to me that nobody really knows what is happening with this tax, other than the fact that it is there and if it is there, some bright spark will try to impress their boss by trying to impose it.

I have a helpful person in the Greek National Tourism Organisation in Sydney trying to find a reference to this "Signal Reference 131010/05-10". If I get a reply, I will post it here.
Try this forum lots of info and Greek to English translation (sort of)
Greek Cruising Tax - Yachting and Boating World Forums

passed in law to apply to sail vessels over 15m, and motor vessels over 10m, were indefinitely suspended from 13 May 2010 by a port police notice ref 131010/05-10 pdf Powered by Google Docs
Old 05-04-2011, 15:55   #26

Hi Mike

Thanks for the additional information, I will certainly follow up and see what else I can find.

It is the "right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing" that worries me and as easily as a Signal Reference dated 05-10 can suspend the tax, another one in say 12-11 can impose it again. As long as the tax is on the statute books, it is a worry.

As the tax is written now, it applies to 60 days in a calendar year, so an over winter period get slugged for both years and as I am a 19 metre motor yacht, we are talking nearly 10,000 Euros.

Let's hope common sense prevails because if this tax is imposed it will have a disterous affect on the Greek Marina industry, boats always seem to get bigger.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:08   #27

Quote:
Hi Mike

Thanks for the additional information, I will certainly follow up and see what else I can find.

It is the "right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing" that worries me and as easily as a Signal Reference dated 05-10 can suspend the tax, another one in say 12-11 can impose it again. As long as the tax is on the statute books, it is a worry.

As the tax is written now, it applies to 60 days in a calendar year, so an over winter period get slugged for both years and as I am a 19 metre motor yacht, we are talking nearly 10,000 Euros.

Let's hope common sense prevails because if this tax is imposed it will have a disterous affect on the Greek Marina industry, boats always seem to get bigger.

Winter it in Turkey
Old 06-04-2011, 20:29   #28

some marinas in turkey have every thing included in the morring price and all so in turkey invoice price plus taxes KDV 18 % VAT is added for moorings and lift .Fethiye 4-boat yard for winter storage and maintenance have .Depending on the marina you can make a deal.İn Fethiye 2 marinas one is name
ECE MARİNA I will send to link.other one is small basic one but you have alot of choices to stay where there nex the villige Gocek marinas is hotels and different things to do .Web site links below.
Best regards
Nuri

.:: ECE MARİNA ::.
http://www.fethiye-turkey.co.uk/
http://www.marinamap.com/en/marinas/988.shtml
http://www.gocekonline.com/default.asp?L=EN&GO=114
Gocek Home Page
Göcek marina ve koylar
oceanmanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:56   #29

My vote goes to Lefkada. It is very busy during the high season, but in spring and fall quite ok.

As have been mentioned above, has good wifi, restaurants, shops, dry cleaning, gym etc.

This fall seen there around 5 cats the size of Lagoon 400.
George.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 13:51   #30

Mike,

Yes that would be easiest I agree, but with continued input (yours was valuable), we are getting a little bit closer all the time to getting some clarification, which will be of benefit to the whole boating community.

Tags
Greece