Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2019, 00:45   #1

Boat: Sun Odyssey 32 & Bavaria 38
Long term mooring Greece - Crete to Athens

Hi, we are planning to move from Sardinia to Greece this summer, and am looking for a spot to keep our 12m Bavaria sailing yacht.

Ideally somewhere around the Saronic or Argolic area, marina (not many) or town quay with moorings for summer, will haul out for winter. We plan on leaving boat in Greece, and Bredit allowing spending 4 to 5 months between April and October sailing.

Any suggestions on moorungs appreciated.

Thanks
Twhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:14   #2

Boat: Jenneau 45.2
Re: Long term mooring Greece - Crete to Athens

I would be very nervous of leaving my boat unattended for a period of time on a town quay.
Best place I can think of for swinging moorings out of harms reach is Poros. How to obtain one? I don’t know but ask around and I am sure somebody’s ,cousins husband will know somebody��
We now leave our boat for July and August due to heat and overcrowding and haul out for peace of mind.
Jenneau Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:06   #3

Boat: Sun Odyssey 32 & Bavaria 38
Re: Long term mooring Greece - Crete to Athens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenneau Owner View Post
I would be very nervous of leaving my boat unattended for a period of time on a town quay.
Best place I can think of for swinging moorings out of harms reach is Poros. How to obtain one? I don’t know but ask around and I am sure somebody’s ,cousins husband will know somebody��
We now leave our boat for July and August due to heat and overcrowding and haul out for peace of mind.
Hi, I have a contact for a swing mooring at Poros. Also have a contact who keeps his boat in the port at Salamina top end of Saronic Gulf. This is managed by the local sailing club, but they have no space for me

Was hoping to find a similar set up elsewhere.

Alternative is to haul out for July August.

Thanks
Twhitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Greece, mooring