Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 09:06   #16

Re: Greece: My Résumé

As a person that is involved and lives out of yatching and generally turism in Greece the first thing i feal obliged to do is to try to defend my country.
But if i was doing that myself then nothing would be conviving enough ,it would be better if you could do that for me.
I can't deny that some of the things i read are true but...
Dear Sir i wonder then....
what made you stay for so long in Greece?
16 months is a long time to change your opinion and head for somewhere else...
Arternative similar destinations are just around the corner.
There must be a few reasons.
I can assure you that ,as a young proffesional of the turism industry, reading your experience made me loose my sleep yesterday , but for the sake of truth and knowledge for the other members of the forum, i will like to urge you to post the reasons that made you stay in Greece for 16 months in 3 years as well.
Thank you in advance.
george81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:04   #17

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Its been 20 yrs since Connie and I were there, so things must have changed a great deal since then, as all we ever got there was FUN the folks were friendly and open and loved to party !! Connie at first felt a little funny at the greek mens attitude toward women then finaly decided it was just there way of acting and meant very little !! sometimes YOUR Attitude makes a difference in the way your treated !! We went looking to see things and meet folks ! not so much to be catered to or taken care of ! We don't use marinas much, and have mostly anchored or moored where ever we go! met LOTS of fishermen there and found them as we have most fishermen, to be happy and fun folks ! we ate a lot of free fish and octipie when we were there !!Sorry you had a bad time !! but I sorta think you mite not have much fun anywhere!! I hope not but it happens when your attitude is wrong!! just our 2 cents
Old 09-04-2012, 05:31   #18

Boat: Amel 54

As someone who has been cruising the Greek waters for the past 30 years, I have to say that Greek waters were and still are, one of the most prime locations to sail, to eat and to have superb time.
Amanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:45   #19

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Helsinki (Summer); Cruising the Baltic Sea this year!
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobconnie View Post
Its been 20 yrs since Connie and I were there, so things must have changed a great deal since then, as all we ever got there was FUN the folks were friendly and open and loved to party !! Connie at first felt a little funny at the greek mens attitude toward women then finaly decided it was just there way of acting and meant very little !! sometimes YOUR Attitude makes a difference in the way your treated !! We went looking to see things and meet folks ! not so much to be catered to or taken care of ! We don't use marinas much, and have mostly anchored or moored where ever we go! met LOTS of fishermen there and found them as we have most fishermen, to be happy and fun folks ! we ate a lot of free fish and octipie when we were there !!Sorry you had a bad time !! but I sorta think you mite not have much fun anywhere!! I hope not but it happens when your attitude is wrong!! just our 2 cents
+1!

It is amazing how much your own attitude determines how other people treat you. If you're looking to have a bad time then -- it is almost guaranteed you'll have one.
Dockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:53   #20
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanin View Post
As someone who has been cruising the Greek waters for the past 30 years, I have to say that Greek waters were and still are, one of the most prime locations to sail, to eat and to have superb time.
Greece maybe warm and no midges about but still biased towards west coast Scotland as all-time best crusing destinations! Gimme a real pub over a taverna any time and haggis neaps and tatties so much better than chicken slovaki!

ionianpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:57   #21
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
+1!

It is amazing how much your own attitude determines how other people treat you. If you're looking to have a bad time then -- it is almost guaranteed you'll have one.
This is so true.... i think sailors in general sail in foreign countries with an open mind. Having erroneous preconceptions about a country and cruising are mutually exclusive!

ionianpilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Greece, greece