Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > COVID-19 | Containment Area
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average. Display Modes
Old 19-08-2020, 01:01   #226

Boat: Catalina 470
Re: Mah mah mah mah myyy carona (my experience with it and some thoughts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
You better be careful the Pitch Fork brigade will be after you [emoji3]

It's something you will either believe or not and I feel that most will not from my general interactions online and in real life. Some things are just too confronting for a large section of the populace to accept, I think this certainly falls into that category - Its easier just to label it a Conspiracy Theory, than look at how deep the rabbit hole actually goes.

I like how he leaves the real kicker until the end, but I also think it is about so much more than just that.
Well you'll love this then

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-...atory/12572992
Old 19-08-2020, 01:11   #227
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post

Well that was predictable - They have been trying to really push vaccines here for a few years - You can not get your children into Day Care now without Vaccinations and soon to be schools, as well as other financial penalties - Whether they can get away enforcing them as mandatory is to be seen - There will be a lot of Resistance for sure.

Looks like its time to permanently say Adios to Australia if they do try that though.
Old 19-08-2020, 01:19   #228

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Well that was predictable - They have been trying to really push vaccines here for a few years - You can not get your children into Day Care now without Vaccinations and soon to be schools, as well as other financial penalties - Whether they can get away enforcing them as mandatory is to be seen - There will be a lot of Resistance for sure.

Looks like its time to permanently say Adios to Australia if they do try that though.
I'm far from an anti vaxxer BUT I wouldn't be comfortable with being forced to have the vaccine.
As someone observing my country from the outside currently, I find it quite surreal.
Old 19-08-2020, 01:31   #229
UFO

Quote:
I'm far from an anti vaxxer BUT I wouldn't be comfortable with being forced to have the vaccine.
As someone observing my country from the outside currently, I find it quite surreal.

Hey the Seychelles sounds great - I might come and join you.

From memory I think the Oxford Vaccine is a Genetically Modified Chimpanzee Cold Virus, spliced with Genetically modified Covid19 DNA protein strands - What can go wrong there

I always thought that to GM anything was a massively long process both from a scientific/testing as well a bureaucratic perspective to ensure that we do not unleash something on the planet which is a real extinction event, but hey lets just roll it out and Jab 7 billion people and hope for the best.

Personally I will take my chance with the Virus, which even though I am in a higher risk category is imminently preferable to that vaccine.
Old 19-08-2020, 01:34   #230
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
There is buckley's chance of a CV vaccine being made mandatory in Oz (IMO). This is usual Scomo tactic of talking tough initially and then backing down. Already by this afternoon, he refused to repeat the claim when questioned.

Remember his famous app, no one was going to be allowed out of lockdown until it was download 10 million times. All went by the board quick smart although 6 million did download it. It was a fizzer and AFAIK, it has only been useful to health officials to find one person.

Of course, he isn't the only leader whose playbook is to make larger than life claims
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 19-08-2020, 01:37   #231
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
There is buckley's chance of a CV vaccine being made mandatory in Oz (IMO). This is usual Scomo tactic of talking tough initially and then backing down. Already by this afternoon, he refused to repeat the claim when questioned.

Remember his famous app, no one was going to be allowed out of lockdown until it was download 10 million times. All went by the board quick smart although 6 million did download it. It was a fizzer and AFAIK, it has only been useful to health officials to find one person.

Of course, he isn't the only leader whose playbook is to make larger than life claims

Yeah I think your probably right, But they will definitely put in place a set of Sanctions on people who refuse to get it, like they are already doing for normal vaccines with kids, but ramped up massively - Its going to be a real arm twister tactic which many people will have no option but to comply.
Old 19-08-2020, 02:01   #232

Quote:
You better be careful the Pitch Fork brigade will be after you

It's something you will either believe or not and I feel that most will not from my general interactions online and in real life. Some things are just too confronting for a large section of the populace to accept, I think this certainly falls into that category - Its easier just to label it a Conspiracy Theory, than look at how deep the rabbit hole actually goes.

I like how he leaves the real kicker until the end, but I also think it is about so much more than just that.
Damn. Now, i really want to see this. My pitchfork is out. Any other links with a write up?
Old 19-08-2020, 02:29   #233
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Yeah I think your probably right, But they will definitely put in place a set of Sanctions on people who refuse to get it, like they are already doing for normal vaccines with kids, but ramped up massively - Its going to be a real arm twister tactic which many people will have no option but to comply.
I hope you are wrong but I suspect you are right or at least half right!

While I'm not an anti vaxxer by any stretch of the imagination, I do hold grave concerns about possible CV vaccines. Last I heard, there are around 160 vaccines currently in the development pipeline and clearly there is a LOT of money to be made. There is rush to get them into the marketplace and I'm sure some of the safeguards will be bent. Plenty of opportunities for corruption along the way.

If say only 5% make it, that is 8 vaccines and sure as eggs, they won't all be equal in efficacy. Likely as not, no one will be testing for interactions between the various vaccines.

If by chance, you get one of the vaccines that prove ineffectual in the long run, your chances of getting a better result with another one might have gone out the window - IMHO!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 19-08-2020, 02:50   #234
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
I hope you are wrong but I suspect you are right or at least half right!

While I'm not an anti vaxxer by any stretch of the imagination, I do hold grave concerns about possible CV vaccines. Last I heard, there are around 160 vaccines currently in the development pipeline and clearly there is a LOT of money to be made. There is rush to get them into the marketplace and I'm sure some of the safeguards will be bent. Plenty of opportunities for corruption along the way.

If say only 5% make it, that is 8 vaccines and sure as eggs, they won't all be equal in efficacy. Likely as not, no one will be testing for interactions between the various vaccines.

If by chance, you get one of the vaccines that prove ineffectual in the long run, your chances of getting a better result with another one might have gone out the window - IMHO!

Yep when the $$$ are so big, short cuts will be made, especially to be the dominant provider for a vaccine if like the Flu Jab will have to be every year or even more often if they want more $.

Believe it or not I am not an anti-vaxxer - That phrase is something pumped out by the Pharmaceutical industry as it creates a bad connotation - Most people are simply pro choice - They want the choice of what they and their children put into their bodies and are more than happy to allow others the same choice of whether they vaccinate or not - No anti there at all. But in today's society in many circles you're almost like a leper of old if you choose not to vaccinate your kids.
Old 19-08-2020, 09:51   #235

His website https://www.drbuttar.com/
Wikipedia calls him a conspiracy theorist and anti vaccination zealot, but that's to be expected if you oppose the "narritive".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihang View Post
Damn. Now, i really want to see this. My pitchfork is out. Any other links with a write up?
Old 19-08-2020, 10:39   #236

Boat: a sailing boat

Meanwhile elsewhere, Russia and China have vaccines already. Ahead of such 'developed nations' as US and EU.

Bingo.

Who has the best biohazard weapon industry is able to develop vaccines first.

Odd thing US has not created anything yet. Probably another sign of the fall of the empire.

b.
Old 19-08-2020, 11:07   #237

Aids is a virus, and has been in the public eye since the early 80's. It has killed a lot of people. Especially well known public figures and artists and entertainers for nearly 40 years.

So if viral vaccine development was so easy, why is there no HIV vaccine yet ? People really think everyone is so gullible as to believe that the impossible can be achieved in a year ? I don't think it is a conspiracy theory to imagine that totalitarian states like Russia and China will administer a placebo to calm the fears of the populace. Much worse would be mandating a vaccine that has been rushed into production where the side effects have not been adequately studied to know if they are worse than the condition one is trying to avoid. Because apparently for 99.9% of the population the consequences of exposure to this bug are not even worthy of mention.
Old 19-08-2020, 11:28   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
Meanwhile elsewhere, Russia and China have vaccines already. Ahead of such 'developed nations' as US and EU.

Bingo.

Who has the best biohazard weapon industry is able to develop vaccines first.

Odd thing US has not created anything yet. Probably another sign of the fall of the empire.

b.
this is comical and wishful thinking. reality is that Russia's vaccine probably shouldn't be trusted and China copied Russia's, since all they can do is steal things and try to copy them, often to disastrous results.

Have you gotten your China/Russia vaccine yet? why not?
Old 19-08-2020, 11:48   #239

Boat: a sailing boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcliffe01 View Post

(...)

I don't think it is a conspiracy theory to imagine that totalitarian states like Russia and China will administer a placebo to calm the fears of the populace.

(...)

And what I think is that believing that Russia and China are less able than any other state is a sure sign of communist-phobia.

But communist-phobia did not stop Russia from placing the first artificial satellite in space and the first human in space. Nor did it stop China from becoming the biggest country in the world by PPP and second by net GDP.

Russia and China have outstanding bio-hazard (weapons) record.Matched only by Israel and the US.

Who has best bio weapons laboratories, has best bio-hazard scientists and know-how. Hence the ability to provide anti-viral and anti-bacterial solutions.

You are, imho, 100% correct about how effective the vacc may be given our abysmal record with HIV vacc. But we do have some form of flu vacc by now, so hopefully the Covid one will be at least that much effective (=somewhat effective).

It is better to have something and not use it than to have nothing.

b.
Old 19-08-2020, 12:02   #240

Boat: Hunter 34

Yah, that's what they said in Texas and Florida when opening up and now there is such an upsurge in deaths that they have to shut down.

Really tiring to hear you conspiracy theorists crying foul about having to wear masks and your personal freedom issues. Is this selfishness a part of MAGA? It shouldn't be.

How about just caring about your fellow citizens. Comes across as incredibly selfish, uncaring and just in general being like threatened whiny teenagers. Is it true? Grow up and grow a pair.

Tags
enc