Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-11-2023, 13:25   #1

Perth/Freo haul out and storage

Good day folks

Planning ahead for end of season hail out and storage. If all goes well, we will be in Perth, WA for haul out. Can anybody recommend a boat yard in the area that can haul and store a 7.25m wide cat?

Thanks
Sailingallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2023, 14:45   #2

Boat: Campbell 48
Re: Perth/Freo haul out and storage

Hi,

We are 7.6m and had this issue. Think the only yard that can take your beam is at Henderson and we chose not to use their services. I have been out of the water at Henderson previously but I believe there have been some changes in personnel and protocols since I was last there.

We lifted at Gero this year and apart from hull washing, you can do all your own work. There are 2 lifts in the port and you want Geraldton Boatlifters as I'm pretty sure you will be too wide for the Geraldton Fishermans Co-Operative. Very helpful people though, give 'em a try anyway.

pm me for my phone if you need anything further and please let me know if you find a better/closer solution.

Fair winds.
Shooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2023, 14:48   #3

Thank you Shooze. I will look up both of those. I was even looking on google earth trying to find yards with cats in them. Would prefer to be in the Perth area for east flights in and out but Geraldton will work too.
Sailingallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2023, 00:53   #4
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Henderson is cheaper than...

https://www.sfmmarine.com/

In Fremantle.

BUT..... Henderson lift is borderline for your size, you will have to go in stern first and either side of the entry way to the lift is a rusty steel girder - I am 7.8m wide and had VERY LITTLE clearance between these two girders so make sure you have at least 2 more crew on board and there is often a sizeable beam wind in that area. The yard is also very dirty - expect a BIG clean up job after being there.

SFM marine will cost a more and you may nor be able to get long term storage there? Henderson may accommodate longer term, but it will still be normal hard stand rates rather than long term storage rates.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 23:35   #5

Boat: Catamaran Leopard 44 2014

I don't know much about this, but I know that Zatara did the haul out with SFM Marine in North Freo
CatAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
haul out, storage