Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-03-2019, 13:23   #1

WTB 36-45+ cruiser

We are looking for a cruiser in nice condition. We will be sailing on the Great Lakes for now, with plans to take the boat south down the road. We want to be able to have all 3 kids aboard on occasion (15.9,7) but mostly will be the 2 of us and the 2 younger kids on the odd weekends and a few weeks during the summer.

Please let me know what is available.

We are in Ontario, Canada, but would be willing to purchase from the US and import.
NewBeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 15:43   #2

Boat: Tartan 42
Re: WTB 36-45+ cruiser

We have a beautiful Tartan 42 for sale, if you’re interested either PM or email winstead@ozemail.com.au for pictures or more information. The boat has been fitted out to sail to Australia but as sometimes happens, life has prevented its journey. The boat’s stored in Midland, Ontario. Here are some details:

The Tartan 42 grew out of the original Tartan 41 design & carries the Sparkman & Stephens name proudly. The 42 is cutter rigged with a shoal draft Scheel keel. The boat has a modified lengthened dog house & a more luxurious teak interior. The quality of the teak joinery work below gives the boat a rich warm feel. This is a true blue water design & Rose has cruised the Caribbean extensively. The present owner was outfitting the boat for a blue water cruise, but circumstances have changed & Rose awaits a new owner to take her to points unknown. All systems are professionally installed using the best equipment of the day available. Double furlers for the staysail & Yankee, power windlass, Sea Frost refrigeration and dinghy & life raft. The inventory is full of spare pumps, gaskets & safety gear. An updated Yanmar 3JH4E with a little over 1000 hours is an important piece of a turnkey inventory.

Although the boat is stored in Ontario, this is a US flagged vessel.

Deck

Bow & stern rails, double lifelines & gates. Stern boarding ladder. Bimini, teak grate on cockpit locker lids & at the companionway. Teak bulwarks. Deck light prisms installed throughout. 6 dorade vents, opening ports all around. Screens over hatches. Power windlass with all chain to a 20 KG Bruce anchor. Pedestal steering. Radar post & wind generator post on the transom. Oversized Lewmar 55 self tailing primaries, & 3 speed secondary winches. Halyard winches are mounted on the mast.

Sails

Full batten mainsail, yankee, staysail & cruising spinnaker. All sails in good, serviceable condition.

Interior

Beautiful high quality teak work throughout. Numerous drawers, lockers & cupboards in all cabins. The aft cabin features a large double to port wiith seating & storage to starboard. The navigation centre is well situated midship to starboard with all instrument displays & an updated 12v & 110v distribution panel. Centreline drop leaf table with storage & settees port & starboard. Ample storage behind both settees. enclosed head to port with shower & forward cabin features a large V berth with much storage as well. Teak & holly floor. Espar cabin heater ducted to all cabins.

Galley

The galley was customized at the factory for the original owner & features the double sinks aft with ice box & freezer in the forward part of the U shape. There is hot & cold pressure water, double foot pumps for sea water & manual back up of the tank water. An updated 4 burner propane stove with oven. Ceramic tile backsplash. Top load & side load fridge with a Sea Frost 5000 system.

Additional Information

20KG Bruce anchor. 200' chain. Full safety equipment package with safety harnesses, jack lines, current flares, EPIRB, first aid kit & numerous PFD's. Many spare parts with backups for all pumps, gasket kits, compass & full manuals for all systems.
Tartan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 20:50   #3

Boat: 1985 Nonsuch 30 Ultra

Hello NB
a friend of mine in Ottawa currently has a Tartan 41 for sale, Canadian flagged and stored in Clayton NY. I believe she was built in 2000. Fully equipped and in excellent condition. If you are interested in learning more, send a pm. The boat is listed on yachtworld.com where you can see more detail and photos
Jim
JimJohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:01   #4

Boat: Morgan OI 37

I have a Morgan 37 OI in good condition in Collingwood ON
Newly renovated Main Cabin and many upgrades
PM me if interested in more info
BobLoucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 13:11   #5

Boat: 45 Bruce Robert Spray Pilot House

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings View Post
We are looking for a cruiser in nice condition. We will be sailing on the Great Lakes for now, with plans to take the boat south down the road. We want to be able to have all 3 kids aboard on occasion (15.9,7) but mostly will be the 2 of us and the 2 younger kids on the odd weekends and a few weeks during the summer.

Please let me know what is available.

We are in Ontario, Canada, but would be willing to purchase from the US and import.
If you still are interested in a Comfortable well-built/maintained Cruiser, we am just now listing this to sell. It has been completely refitted 2016 and we've been crusing it since, but health issues have changed our long-term plans and will accept a reasonable offer. It is located near Annapolis Maryland on the Chesapeake Bay. If interested contact, me buy email on the attached sheet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Susanna Roberts Spray 45 ft.pdf (1.17 MB, 47 views)
Old 30-10-2019, 13:40   #6

Boat: Morgan OI 37

Hello,
I have a Morgan 37 Out Island located in Collingwood Ontario listed here on the forum.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...on-223597.html
I would be happy talk to you about this. Please either PM me or email me @ bobloucks2009@gmail.com if interested.
Good Luck
Bob
BobLoucks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruiser