Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-05-2018, 10:04   #1

MAKE AN OFFER

[SIZE="6"][/SIZE]
[FONT="Arial Black"]
RETURNING TO AUSTRALIA UNLESS SOLD BEFORE JULY
BACK ON THE MARKET - MAKE ME AN OFFER.
Now lying in Marina di Ragusa, Sicily, we will be returning our Adams 45 Blue Water Cruiser to Australia if we do not find a buyer by July.
HER'S YOUR CHANCE TO GET A VERY FINE VESSEL AT A REAL BARGAIN PRICE. WE WILL ACCEPT ANY REASONABLE OFFER ABOVE GBP 65,000, EURO 75,000, USD 89,000, AUD 120,000. OFFERS CLOSE 30 JUNE 2018

FIRST SEE THE VIDEO-CLICK HERE

REGARDLESS is fast passage-maker, the efficient sloop/cutter rig can be easily managed by couple or solo. Comfortable, safe cockpit, fully enclosable. Bimini, dodger etc. all first quality in Stamoid.
ACCOMMODATIONS ; Spacious and airy, beautifully finished in Australian rain-forest cedar, teak and leather by master craftsmen. Two comfortable & private cabins, one vee berth and one quarter berth. Two bathrooms. Storage cabin or second quarter berth. Generous additional storage. Large, comfortable saloon. Excellent safe and functional galley with huge freezer, separate day fridge, Broadwater stainless gas oven with 2 burner stove, stainless steelmicrowave/convection oven/grill, deep stainless sink and plenty of bench-top space.
A fast passage-maker, the efficient sloop/cutter rig can be easily managed by couple or solo. Average 7 knots Indian Ocean crossing. Day’s run of 150NM easily achieved.
AUSTRALIAN REGISTERED SHIP. REGISTRATIONNo. 857254
Designer : Joe Adamsdesigner of Sydney to Hobart winners.
Builder : R.C.Wood Marine , Brisbane.
Dimensions: LOA ; 45’ (13.72M) LWL ; 38’ (11.58M) Beam ;12’8” (3.87M) Draft ;7’4” (2.24M) Design Displacement ;28000LB (13 Tonne) Ballast ; 11000Lb (5 Tonne) Fuel ; 1150L (RANGE 1400 NM) Water ; 350L + Watermaker One additional 600L unused tank – optional fuel / water Construction ; Steel round- bilge hull, steel decks and cabin top.
New rig 2009, Z-Spars. Sails; Fully battened main with Harken batcars, roller furling genoa & reacher, staysail & storm jib. Mainsl needs renewing. Nine Andersen winches. Excellent ground tackle and windlass. RIB & 6hp Yamaha o/b & 2 hp Honda
ENGINE ; YANMAR – Model 4JH3-TE - only 1400 hours Autostream 3 blade stainless steel feathering prop and Spurs rope cutter. GENSET ; Kubota diesel / 5.5kva Mecce Alte 240V alternator WATER MAKER ; Village Marine “Little Wonder” 12 gph Full electronics including Raymarine radar/ chartplotter / sounder with 2nd display at helm. IcomVHF& HF radios with DSC & GMDSS.

WARTS AND ALL UPDATE MAY 2018
Regardless is probably best suited for a cruising couple and occasional visitors. Her layout is aft cockpit with 2 quarter-berths aft and a V-berth forward. There is a large, open galley and saloon. The interior is light and airy. My wife and I sailed her for 4 years including our passage to the Med. She is great as a live-aboard for a couple.
An Australian friend made a video about Regardless in Marina Di Ragusa a few years ago. May I suggest you have a look at this video first. That will give you a good feel for the boat and the kind of buyer who would be interested in her. Click on the link or paste this URL into your browser:

A bit of history and current update:
We purchased Regardless from the builder RC Wood Marine in 2002. She was launched in 1997. We made some improvements to her in preparation for sailing to the Med. We cruised the East coast of Australia including a circumnavigation of Tasmania before leaving Darwin in October 04 and arrived in Crete in April 05, via Bali and the Indonesian archipelago, Singapore, Straits of Malacca, Malasia, Thailand, The Maldives, Gulf of Aden, Djbuti, Red Sea, and Suez Canal.
We spent the Northern Summer of ‘05 in the Med and left the boat for the winter of 05/06 in Turkey. In May 06 we bought a Catana Catamaran. Of course our intention was to sell Regardless at that time but we did not try very hard during 06 and 07. Then came the Global Financial Crisis and no one wanted to buy boats. So we left Regardless on the hard in Turkey for a few years. Then a few years ago we relaunched her and sailed her to Sicily where family and friends have been using her occasionally. She is lying in Marina Di Ragusa in Sicily. Nearest airports Commiso (mostly summer charter flights) or Catania.
Regardless is one of the best built steel boats of that size that I have seen, comparable in build quality to a Jongert. Chris Wood, the builder, is a marine engineer who really knows what he’s doing and is a bit of a perfectionist. Most people do not believe she is steel. She has been so well built she looks like GRP. She is in very good condition all round. She is quite light for a 45 foot cruising boat, (about 14 tonnes). But because she is so well engineered she is very strong, sails impeccably (we averaged 7 Kn across the Indian Ocean) is very sea kindly and seaworthy. She is over engineered everywhere it counts.
However, every boat owner thinks their boat is good!
Although she is now about 20 years old, all the basics are as new or in very good condition. Hull is perfect. Paint coatings are excellent. No rust. Full repaint 2009- topsides exterior. New mast and boom and standing and running rigging 2009. Since then she has hardly been used. We put a new Yanmar engine in her in Darwin in 2004 and it has only about 1500 hours on it.
The toilet has recently been replaced with a new manual Jabsco. There is provision to install a second toilet in the port quarter but we have not done that.

The downside -- yes, as you know, there are always downsides with boats:
• The mainsail may last another season but will need replacing. The genoa and reacher are in very good condition and the staysail and storm jib have hardly been used.
• The inverter has died and needs replacing. If I was keeping her I would probably install a new Victron inverter/charger.
( I would also consider a new, genset, although the existing one is quite functional. The newer gensets are smaller and better soundproofed and therefor quieter in a steel hull.)
• The Aquapro RIB tender is a bit the worse for wear and is being repaired/refurbished at the moment. The tender hull is alloy and is fine.
• The lead/rubberised sound insulation in the engine compartment has degraded, as it does over time. It has been removed and needs replacing.
• The life-raft has been retired and needs replacing. The Stainless steel life-raft bracket on the transom was custom made for a RFD Sea Saver Plus. 4 or 6 person.
• The secondary 12V switch panel is now a bit old and I would replace it if I was keeping her.
• The wind instrument needs replacing.
• The HF radio automatic tuner was “disappeared” in Turkey. We haven’t replaced it. I think they cost about AUD 400.
• The Polyflex mountings of the genset engine and alternator have degraded and need replacing.
I've tried to give a very honest description here. No frills and no ********!
The boat is in the water in Marina di Ragusa. Inspection on recent haul-out shows very little fouling and no rust except for a patch on the bottom of the keel. This has been repaired by welding an 8mm steel plate to the keel bottom. The hull below the waterline has been re-coated and anti-fouled. TheAutostream stainless steel feathering prop has been overhauled.
As you probably appreciate, the downside items are quite minor and their rectification will not be costly. Biggest ticket items would be a new inverter, new main and, if you so desired, a new genset. Although the latter may be desirable, it is by no means necessary.
I don’t have a sailplan sketch. However it is a standard sloop/cutter rig with removable inner forestay on a highfield lever and running backstays. The inner foresail is self tacking There is also a stainless steel bowsprit which carries a furling reacher. The main is fully battened, with 3 slab reefs.
I don’t have a recent survey report. The latest survey I have is from 2004. It is basically still correct. I’ve attached it.
There’s not much more information I can give you. The next step for anyone interested is to have a look.

I will be in Europe from mid-May 2018
An inspection and sea trial can be arranged with reasonable notice.
My Australian number is +61418872990 and Italian mobile is +393381344720. My Skype address is john.ward1947.

We are seeking a fair price for a yacht of this standard and in the condition described. In setting a minimum price we have already factored in:
• the cost of work that a new owner would need to do on the boat (as described above).
• The fact that the boat is Australian registered and NOT vat paid
We have also taken advice from people with knowledge of current market values. We are open to any other objective advice offered by well-informed people.
Thanks for your interest.
Ciao,
John Ward

SO IF YOUR’E LOOKING FOR A FINELY-BUILT WORLD CRUISER AT A BARGAIN PRICE, PLEASE CONTACT OWNERS, JOHN OR MIDGE WARD PH + 61 (0) 418872990 or +393381344720 or email john.midge@bigpond.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03670.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	425.1 KB
ID:	170053   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03677 (1).jpg
Views:	322
Size:	425.3 KB
ID:	170054  

Name:	IMG_0607.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	426.8 KB
ID:	170055   Click image for larger version

Name:	100-0009_IMG - Copy (2) - Copy.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	170056  

Name:	FULL SAIL.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	170057  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Regardless Adams 45 survey report (1).pdf (469.7 KB, 84 views)
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
offer