Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-01-2021, 09:41   #16

Boat: Passport 51
Re: 42'-54' Bluewater Cruiser Monohull - Ready to Buy

Thanks gardeningal. Just flew from the PNW to the Med to find a boat. Will check the Nauticat 44 out if I can't find something here and have to go back.
XtaSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 09:44   #17

evm1024, great. Helps to hear that. I probably sailed by it multiple times if it was docked by PDX too. Small world.
Old 25-01-2021, 09:48   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Gulfstar 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtaSea View Post
evm1024, great. Helps to hear that. I probably sailed by it multiple times if it was docked by PDX too. Small world.
It is a small world indeed. You saw us every time you sailed past RCYC.
evm1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 09:56   #19

evm1024, and it would be a real tiny world if you were at the 2016 chili cook off and braved the dish with the bhut jolokia peppers from my garden. I hear the scoville record of the club still rests with that chili.
Old 25-01-2021, 10:12   #20
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Gulfstar 50

Likely missed that - Did make it to a FVSPS chili cookoff in a prior year or two.

But made it to a lot of RCYC events.
evm1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 10:45   #21
Marine Service Provider

I have a Newport 41 for sale in Hawaii. The revamping of all systems, engine and interior are, or will be completely shortly. Decks, non-skid and coach roof need repainting. If you know anything about this boat your know it is built like a tank. All hand layup glass (no coring in the hull). San Francisco rig (shorter mast, single spreader version). There is no record of any of these boats ever loosing its mast. Three excellent and safe sea births, plus a v-birth and saloon table birth. Good cruiser for two to four people. Available for way less that you are able to pay.
jmschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 10:52   #22

Thanks jmschmidt. I really need to stick to the lower end of 42'. Desired goal is 44'-49', but expanded the ends to allow some flexibility.

The crux is the need for space for SCUBA gear with 4 tanks, genset, and some toys & comforts.
Old 25-01-2021, 12:01   #23

Boat: tanton 43 43feet Amelia

I am in UK and the boat is based in Devon I imported from USA in 2008 and it was refitted and repainted it has a Beta 43 new engine very low engine hours 300hrs
I am at present doing maintenance work it is very well equipped it is a Tanton 43 cat ketch and is very easy to sail contact me on Jonannie @F2s.com or +44 1242820196 to discuss and wix Amelia website

Jon Davis
jonannie@f2s.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 13:23   #24

For sale $65,000.

1993 Catalina 42. Hull 397 Wing keel, 2 cabin model already located In the western Caribbean.

Has a new memory foam main berth, new cushions and covers in saloon. GPS, radar, watermaker, low hour Yanmar, Mack Pack and strong track on main (easy handling), extra jib, air conditioning, fans, updated led lights throughout and at masthead, with hi tech lifelines, lots of spare filters and impellers.

Why cross the gulf to reach this cruising mecca? Buy a boat already there, located on the hard at a marina/yard. Friendly help and owners. It's only a short run down a gorgeous river and a few hours sail to Belize.

A great, easy to handle sail boat, a wonderful and roomy liveaboard. It has been both to us for many years but health forces sale.

It needs some TLC. Needs batteries, installation of new inverter (on board already), installation of the new wind instrument, interior varnish and cleaning. The locals can provide top notch service on these needs at very reasonable prices.

Comes with a new-ish dinghy from West Marine and an almost new 10hp outboard motor.

Included but not installed is a 12” AIS-compatible GPS chart plotter.

5 foot draft
sailorita2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 13:26   #25

Thanks Jon. Currently experienced and focused on sloops, cutters, and ketches.

The cat rigging is an alien setup for me at the moment, but that may change after the first circumnavigation. I just need to see for myself a few 40+ footers double handed with ease, and single handed if needed. Also, sections of our planned route involve decent lengths of upwind sailing.
Old 25-01-2021, 13:38   #26

sailorita2002, do you have photos somewhere online? I like the lines of the Catalinas, and have mostly sailed them near coastal. Would have to think about suitability for a 5 year route with a whole bunch of toys onboard.

> Why cross the gulf to reach this cruising mecca?

This I can easily answer. Our initial plan was to start and finish in the Med, braving the Northbound Red Sea passage at the end (yes, I know what risk that entails). A big attraction for us is the crossing of the Atlantic & Pacific oceans on our own boat. If focus was landing on a cruising mecca, we would definitely start around Fiji or even New Zealand.
Old 25-01-2021, 14:37   #27

I am attaching 4 photos.....Well, I tried, but can't seem to make it work. My email is sailorita2002@ yahoo.com. Send me a msg and I will get them to you that way.

Also wanted to add that she is also equipped with a Hydrovane wind steering unit and autopilot.

I should have just left out the paragraph re: why cross the Gulf. Many people are not real thrilled about crossing the GOM, so she's already down here (Rio Dulce, Guatemala).

As mentioned before she is on the hard a good marina/yard. There are service people there, a lift and a West Marine shop that will do special orders if necessary. Also good to note that labor/service prices down here are much less than in the US.
Old 25-01-2021, 15:21   #28

sailorita2002, how much time is left off the cruising permit of Guatemala? SAT is finally cracking down on the overstays. The sweet $500 deal is no more. It is now 30% of the boat's value.
Old 25-01-2021, 20:55   #29

Boat: Knysna 440 once I get my new dock and the canal gets dredged

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtaSea View Post
Thanks, will look into it. Not too keen on non-white hulls, but keeping an open mind.
Seems a bit pricey for a 44 year old boat that hasn't had much love since 2008. A lot of the stuff they refitted is technically due for refit again.
joelhemington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2021, 05:55   #30

We will get back with you on that.

We have heard nothing from our agent re: any of that, so haven't any idea.

Tags
Bluewater, cruise, cruiser, hull, monohull, water