Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-05-2020, 10:27   #16

Re: 30 Fraser / Vancouver/ Immediate sale needed

Hi I am interested to buy the boat
However need a contact in Vancouver
Thanks
Sorry for your family loss
Old 15-05-2020, 10:37   #17

It’s unfortunate that the border is closed for the foreseeable future, or I would be tempted to run up and look.
It’s more unfortunate that he died and I’m sorry for your loss. Hopefully someone local to the boat could finish the project
Old 15-05-2020, 10:55   #18

Boat: Bruce Roberts 44' Steel Mauritius

Great boats. Would run up there today but border is closed.
Old 15-05-2020, 11:29   #19

Hi Regrets and sympathy!! I am Living about 1 1/2 miles from the boat I will walk down and take a good look.
I know you have a lot on your mind. I wondered if he had a Berth or slip for the boat and better still a live aboard slip. I am stuck here waiting for wife's Visa I would rather live aboard and would like the boat and plan to move it to Vcr Island to escape the Virus My name is Michael Pope. Let me look this afternoon then I will call you or Email you tonight. Michael

it is a very Ill Wind that blows only death and sorrow there has to be a good side-- Have Faith
Old 15-05-2020, 16:01   #20

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Sorry for your loss.

Hello, Traynter Turpin,

All boats for sale ads require an asking price to be listed. So, please post a price within 24 hours, or your ad will be removed.

Please note that normally, CF would not run an ad from someone not the owner. In this case, we are allowing it because someone who has passed away cannot create an ad.
Old 15-05-2020, 18:10   #21

Boat: Coast 30

For those who are interested the Fraser 30 was one of the hulls built by the Dutch brother's Arie and Lenke DeCleer. in steveston. They were a fibre glassing shop that only made hull and deck. So a new owner would either complete the fit out them selves Of contract that work out to a choice of several boat buildi9ng shops. S & H Yachts being one of them.

For I time I owned the hull and keel mould which we rescued on the night that we saw Arie cutting up the deck mould. I lost the use of the yard space to keep it so it got shipped to Powell River.

The hull is not 30 feet ...It is actually 28'-11" I also owned the lines drawing and table of off-setts but returned them to the family about a couple of years ago.
Old 16-05-2020, 04:15   #22

I want to thank all of you here. I actually stumbled on this site but for "believers" it was in God's hands all the time. This tragedy has been made so much better by the good folks that have come from this forum. Many people have reached out not just interested in the boat but trying to help in any way they can. We obviously can't cross the border because of Covid 19 so folks here and at the docks have been outstanding ! I own a yacht management / repair company here in Fla. and would love to refit this little boat in Mike's honor . But I'm realizing from some of the great locals that this can be done by someone right there and will put her to good use. The family is forever grateful . There are several people saying they want her. I hope the rest of you out that way can find them dockage at least temporarily . God bless you all, Capt.T. Turpiin
Old 16-05-2020, 04:26   #23

Re: DESPERATE need help !

I want to thank everyone on this forum that has reached out. Several locals have contacted me and God willing will take on this project. Lots of you just wanted to help after this tragedy and it doesn't go unnoticed , the family is forever grateful. Mike had visions of refitting this boat and going to New Zealand where his kid and wife are. Now some locals you way are wanting to complete the refit . I will be great to see this done. Thanks again to all and God bless, Capt.T. Turpin/ USA
Old 16-05-2020, 04:27   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfntoo View Post
Hi I am interested to buy the boat
However need a contact in Vancouver
Thanks
Sorry for your family loss
Perhaps connect with Char99 (Charlie) in Post #7 above who has offered to help, as he is local to the boat.

Good luck!
Warmly,
LitteWing77
Old 16-05-2020, 04:34   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWing77 View Post
Perhaps connect with Char99 (Charlie) in Post #7 above who has offered to help, as he is local to the boat.

Good luck!
Warmly,
LitteWing77
Thanks, I sent him a PM.

Thank you all again, T
Old 16-05-2020, 04:36   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traynter Turpin View Post
DESPERATE ! This is Capt. T in Fla. My brother suddenly passed away in Vancouver. He owned a 30 Fraser with new engine. He was making this vessel right for ocean cruising. Still needs attention but the bones are there . I can not get there so anyone interested it would be greatly appreciated . God bless, Capt. T
ttmarine@bellsouth.net
561-722-3583
Hello all. I understand it's required to put a price. 7k OBO. I will work with anyone on this . Thanks to all of you
Old 16-05-2020, 04:47   #27

Hi Cate, let me know if I did that right (price). Many thanks for all of your guys help during this tragedy . God bless, Capt.T
Old 16-05-2020, 05:15   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
Sorry for your loss.

Hello, Traynter Turpin,

All boats for sale ads require an asking price to be listed. So, please post a price within 24 hours, or your ad will be removed.

Please note that normally, CF would not run an ad from someone not the owner. In this case, we are allowing it because someone who has passed away cannot create an ad.
Hiya Jim or Ann,

Please see his other thread here: https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ed-234293.html

He's said that his brother paid $7,000 for the boat, but that the brother's widow would just be glad to get something for it.

A couple have Forum members have offered to help as well.

Cheers,
LittleWing77
Old 16-05-2020, 06:21   #29

Sorry guys, thought I fixed that by saying 7k OBO . Did that not show up ? I'll try to figure it out again and see what's up. Thanks for understanding during this period. A lot going on. Capt.t
Old 16-05-2020, 06:24   #30

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traynter Turpin View Post
Sorry guys, thought I fixed that by saying 7k OBO . Did that not show up ? I'll try to figure it out again and see what's up. Thanks for understanding during this period. A lot going on. Capt.t

You’ve got more than one thread going at the same time. It was probably posted in the other thread.
Closed Thread

Tags
sale, vancouver