Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Boats For Sale and Wanted
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2022, 21:35   #136

Re: 1982 Cheoy Lee 44' total refit

What's wrong is not the common sense advice offered but the reaction to it. Let's be real. This apparently very nice boat has been for sale for over 2 years. And mind you in the middle of the hottest sellers market in my boat memory of 25 or so years. And in the midst of that red hot market the asking price went from 109k to 49k and the boat is still unsold. Now, what is wrong with this picture?

Instead of harping on what seems to be a fair and reasonable attempt to help the seller, why not try to offer your own positive feedback to help this seller find a willing buyer? And yes, if I were in the market for this size vessel this one would be at the top of my list but alas I am not so I can't be of any help in that sale other than spread the word among peotential buyers among my boating friend and acquaintances.

Hope it sells soon, it's a great deal in today's crazy market.
Island Time O25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2022, 23:18   #137

Boat: Landfall 39 - Ron Amy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Time O25 View Post
This apparently very nice boat has been for sale for over 2 years. And mind you in the middle of the hottest sellers market in my boat memory of 25 or so years. And in the midst of that red hot market the asking price went from 109k to 49k and the boat is still unsold. Now, what is wrong with this picture?

Yes what? Honestly just curious.
I think it’s a very nice boat, based on the available info here.
Oeanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2022, 23:43   #138

Disclaimer, I'm new to yachting and I apologize if this is a really rookie question. But I am curious about the stove? Any reason it's not on a gimbal, and isn't it therefore impractical except in the calmest of conditions? Everything else about the yacht seems appealing for someone looking for a reputable and well equipped sailboat, IMO.
fronthandlebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2022, 09:02   #139

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Regarding gimbaled stoves. It's not all that uncommon to see a fixed stove. A lot of Pacific Northwest vessels have diesel stoves which are always mounted solid. I rarely used my gimbaled stove while underway. It was a PITA. If I was single handing, I never used it. A gimbaled stove has a set "swing frequency" and the ocean doesn't.
I'm sad the the OP, that just wanted to sell his boat, has to experience a less than desirable debate here.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2022, 10:32   #140

It speaks volumes that both the OP and a few others, immediately 'go low' in response to my comments and resort to childish attacks. Instead of choosing to have a mature conversation.
Neither of you know anything about me. Instead of responding in kind, I'll choose to educate you a little. I'm a veteran twice over, including once in what you would understand to be, special forces. I went into multinationals following my service and achieved the highest level in my profession. I'm now dedicating the next several years to setting up a charity to help first responders suffering with PTSD etc. I've sailed since I was twelve.
Respond with more childish attacks if you choose. It only reflects badly on yourselves.
Not me.
I felt for the OP because he seems to be between a rock and a hard place. The YachtWorld advertisement is so so and it could be much better. However, that's no longer my concern. No good deed goes unpunished eh. Keep going low. I'll just smile and forget you.

FYI - In my admittedly limited experience, I've rarely seen a stove that wasn't gimballed and always in a boat that's advertised as a passage maker.
UlstermanAbroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2022, 11:14   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlstermanAbroad View Post
It speaks volumes that both the OP and a few others, immediately 'go low' in response to my comments and resort to childish attacks. Instead of choosing to have a mature conversation.

Ummmm....you may want to reread your post - calling the OPs hull akin to a 'dogs dinner" and questioning his investment of $100k when he provided a long list of upgrades; noting poor workmanship; poor quality pictures; etc. Hardly the high road nor mature. You may not value the work which is fine, nothing wrong with finding a boat that better suits your needs (if you're even in the market)

I have no dog in this fight, not in the market, just like looking at boats. Your response was uncalled for, rude, and generally out of line. By far the biggest fault of the boat is location, not condition. Your post was neither helpful nor constructive as your opinion is valued only by yourself.

Your profile lists "Trauma Psychologist" as vocation. I would think somewhere in your self proclaimed education and experience, if not childhood, were lessons in golden rule courtesy. Never ends well when you call someone's baby ugly.
mvweebles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2022, 13:41   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
Regarding gimbaled stoves. It's not all that uncommon to see a fixed stove. A lot of Pacific Northwest vessels have diesel stoves which are always mounted solid. I rarely used my gimbaled stove while underway. It was a PITA. If I was single handing, I never used it. A gimbaled stove has a set "swing frequency" and the ocean doesn't.
I'm sad the the OP, that just wanted to sell his boat, has to experience a less than desirable debate here.
Thanks for the reply together with your experience on cooking while under passage.
fronthandlebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2022, 14:36   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by fronthandlebar View Post
Thanks for the reply together with your experience on cooking while under passage.

By the way...Welcome to the forum.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 14-04-2022, 21:36   #144

Boat: Passport 51

WhiskeyRebel, tried to respond to your DM but your Inbox is full.
XtaSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2022, 05:07   #145
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cheoy Lee, 44 Cutter. Dolce Far Niente

BOAT IS SOLD
rourkeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2022, 05:10   #146

Boat: Hunnter Legend 37.5

Congratulations! I am sure the new owner will appreciate all of your hard work!
bensolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2022, 08:34   #147

Congratulations!... I have never seen a for sale thread go for so long. Sorry all the nay-saying tire kickers gave you so much grief. I'm sure they'll move on to the next poor soul.
Old 13-05-2022, 14:49   #148

Boat: C&C 34

Good for you. The boat looks great and seems to be well equipped.

Someone got an incredible deal!
Opie91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheoy lee, refit