Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2013, 08:40   #1
Marine Service Provider

'Do-it-yourself yacht broker' Never pay a broker again!

'Do-it-yourself yacht broker' is a digital market place where you can personally buy & sell your boat.

The service is entirely free and gives you access to all information and 'tools' you would usually expect from a yacht broker. You have the reassurance that all legal & financial aspects are well taken care of without ever paying a commission.

The concept is developed by Dutch Volvo Ocean Race skipper, Bouwe Bekking, alongside other professionals from the legal, financial and maritime sectors.

It is easy to advertise your boat on ‘Do-it-yourself yacht broker’. We place your boat on multiple (inter-) national used-boat websites, so you get a lot of exposure and find a buyer quickly. When you and the buyer agree you can start the sales module that leads you both step-by-step through every aspect of the sales transaction. You get a tailored sales agreement, shipping documentation, learn how you can receive a safe payment, run through the shipping registries, insurance, how to deal with a mortgage, a protocol of delivery and eventually a bill of sale. You and the buyer know exactly what to do at any stage and when you have questions our 24/7 support is ready for you.

In short; you can be sure of it that you can take care of everything yourself in a professional way with a bit of help from us. It is transparent, safe and well taken care of! The best thing is you never have to pay an expensive yacht broker ever again.

· Legal & Financial reassurance using the sales module
· No yacht brokers fee
· Lower your asking price or safe money
· Online exposure on multiple used-boat websites
· Direct communication with the buyer
· Transparent sales process.

Do-it-yourself Yacht Broker - Home

Do-it-yourself yacht broker USA & Canada - YouTube
Jort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 09:32   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30
Re: 'Do-it-yourself yacht broker' Never pay a broker again!

Good idea, but what a horrible search feature. When I enter from the US site, i get all sorts of returns from Holland. Same from the Canadian one.

For this to be useful, may I respectfully suggest your refine your search function. As it stands, it is not useful and most people will visit once, and if it is not what they expect, never come back.

For better or worse, the search function on Yachtworld is probably the most useful.
Old 18-01-2013, 12:21   #3
Marine Service Provider

You are right about the search results. After you have done a simple search you can specify more by changing or selecting specifications you want. We are still working on this. The main reason you see boats from The Netherlands is that we are running this site from Amsterdam for a while now and have just launched in the US and Canada. We do not have a lot of boats on in those countries, but we are gradually growing. To get exposure we place all our boats on Boatshop24.com and Boats.com. The last one is the biggest and also shows Yachtworld boats. Problem with Yachtworld is you are always paying a broker because all offerings are from brokers. With DIY Yacht Broker the benefit is our sales module that gives legal and financial reassurance. In all countries it is optimized for national law and we have implemented the national shipping register. Also in the US. So you reach buyers through these other sites and can take care of the transaction in the right way as well. Best of all; you won't have to pay a cent!
Old 21-01-2013, 06:45   #4
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I have been asked to post the following on behalf of the OP:

Quote:
Bouwe Bekking’s (Volvo Ocean Race legend) www.DoItYourselfYachtBroker.com recently launched. They claim to deliver the same legal & financial reassurance as a ‘traditional’ broker and exposure on multiple sites without paying brokerage fees? Interesting no doubt, but will this really change how we sell & buy boats? What do you think?
Do-it-yourself Yacht Broker - YouTube
In response, I would say that having bought (cash, and in person) and rebuilt both our yachts, we haven't needed a broker. But then, Kuwait is a small countries, so the boat you want is either here or it isn't!

I am sure that online services such as these will increase people's choices; and if we can save ten percent or so, then why not?
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2013, 08:57   #5
Marine Service Provider

Independent research among private boat owners showed that most of them feel brokers are too expensive and more and more people want to sell their boat by themselves.

http://press.doityourselfyachtbroker...e-to-cut-costs.

Based on this research and my own experience when talking to boat owners confinces me that more and more people will choose for our DIY sales module. You see the same development in other vertical markets where the middle man is cut out. Obviously I'm biased, but I truly feel this is helping a lot of boat owners save money and take care of the financial & legal aspects in a professional way. Next to that the online exposure is mostly taken care of by posting to multiple used-boat websites. Supply and demand find each other online, so the advertising aspect is also an important contribution. The combination of online exposure and the sales module are therefore a serious alternative to any broker and I think this will change the way people buy & sell boats.

Yes, people need to do something themselves like taking care of viewings and run through the sales module. Considering the time spend on the average DIY sale and the savings made; why would anyone still use a broker?
Old 24-01-2013, 09:40   #6
Marine Service Provider

How does DIY Yacht Broker work?

When you are selling a boat you need to advertise your boat on as many used-boat websites as possible to find a buyer. When you found one you need to take care of the legal & financial aspects together the right way.

DIY yacht broker offers free advertising on multiple websites and a unique sales module covering all legal & financial aspects of the transaction. It is free and we never charge a commission!

Check out how it works in the video below.

Do you have ideas that would help private buyers and sellers? Please let me know.
Attached Files

Tags
yacht