Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2024, 23:45   #15

Boat: Islander 36 / Moody 44 mk1 / Corbin 39
Re: STRAY CURRENT Issues, need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
As expected.
Read the article sir....

“As expected,” Jedi, is not an answer to help anyone. You haven’t helped the OP once in this… Sorry Pedro…

Jedi. You guys want to wire your boats as you wish, then have at it. Not my electrical problem, nor my problem to school you/educate you/convince you about it. I won't be wiring mine with your two-wire ungrounded scheme. I want the protections to work… What aggravates me about it all is your telling everyone else it's OK, and it's not. Saw you beating poor people up in past post since 2009, but not quite so easy with me my friend. My actual specialty in life is R&D engineering, and I can fail your stupid circuit in a bazillion ways, that electricians like you look at me after the fact with the dog pumped me in the butt eyes... My answer is aways, Did ya do XXX like I said, and the answer is always back, “we got it to work”… until it didn't. That answer isn't acceptable on my boat when the possibility is a fire or electrocution hazard or injury at sea. I don’t engineer for when it works, but when doesn’t… Kind of too late for that good ol boy engineering at that point, and you’re advocating that at this moment. STOP IT… I can fail an open, ungrounded two wire AC system in so many ways it will make your head spin. The fact you can’t see that is the danger…. (well, not for me, I am not going to do it!!!)
If you really want to prove your point in an Electrical Engineering way, and I have seen you have spent some time capital on it over the years (wrongly) beating innocent people up over it, then quit taking up the Ops time making pissy quips, and start a board for this. Invite me, and all your electrical cronies, and all the EE’s, and PE’s you can muster to that forum. We can talk about ships 2 and 3 phase isolated electrical systems vs. your ridiculous ungrounded AC SCHEME ON A SAILBOAT.. Let’s see how you fair in that discussion…. I am going to bet you will be a piss stain and I may learn marine systems don’t abide by the laws of physics. Your input can surely shine here and I can’t wait to hear your astute ungrounded theory among that crowd. I bet many boat owners would be interested in the outcome of this conversation.
Fiso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
current