Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2014, 05:34   #1

Boat: Tayana 37
solar for float charge over the winter

I will be putting my new to me boat on the hard for the winter in a week. Considering the largest boat I owned before was a Catalina 22, many things about the winterizing process are a bit mysterious to me. That I will be away from the boat for three months just adds to my anxiety.

I have a bank of 2 8G batteries, giving me, I think, just over 500 amps. Calculating a .3% float need, it seems I should have the batteries on a 15-25 watt panel over the winter. I also believe I can wire that panel directly to the batteries without a controller.

Am I correct in these calculations and assumptions? Any additional advice?

Fwiw, the boat will be stored in St Marys, Georgia.
Helbent is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off