Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-11-2020, 09:19   #31

Re: Paguro Generators - Any Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by DockDoc View Post
If the sea strainer empties when you start the generator, and it seems the inflow side isn't keeping up, I'll bet $100 you've got a clogged check valve. Lemme know how it goes.
That's exactly what's happening.
crayiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2020, 09:21   #32

Can you send a link to the strainer you installed?
crayiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2020, 10:57   #33
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DockDoc View Post
... I did hear that Kohler bought out Lombardini, no facts to support that, and the Kohler techs act like they never heard of Paguro or Lombardini.
In 2007, Lombardini was acquired by Kohler Co., from Mark IV Industries Inc.
In April 1999, Lombardini became part of the American group, Mark IV Inc., who also purchased Ruggerini Motori.
I don't know how integrated the companies are.
Volpi Tecno Energia (VTE) makes the Paguro generators, utilzing either Yanmar or Lombardini engines.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2020, 11:16   #34

Boat: Lagoon 42 OV

1/2" Hose Barb in-Line Strainer with 50 mesh Stainless Steel Filter Screen

Looks like this, but I was ordering by phone in Nantucket over to the MA main land, and had the items ferryied over.

Please please check it and don't take this as gospel, I believe the inside diameter is 1/2 inch or close, check your OD and ID hose.

I found pics of both but posting pics on CF is
Old 17-01-2022, 10:44   #35

Boat: Beneteau 473 14m/47ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbuoy View Post
Just a quick question. I have a Paguro 5000. Its running fine but does not produce any 240volt current. Will not switch over to the green light on the panel. Any suggestions? Thanks mate
Hi, just came across your post on this problem, probably a few years late but - I had the same problem with the green light staying on and the generator not switching to mains voltage.
This is loosely described (as everything is) in the user manual and in my case was the result of stopping the motor before all the power loads had been isolated, it’s imperative there is no load on generator when motor shut down. After much head scratching, loss of circulation in confined space, etc I asked a local engineer to help and although he was not an electrical engineer, he was not afraid to go in places I had no experience in.
Outcome was that in the square box on bottom team of gen set, there is a condenser and a miniature relay. He replaced these with comparable items from ScreFix and hey presto…..
Chas Leppich is offline   Reply With Quote