Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-11-2019, 13:15   #16

Boat: Catalina 36 MKII
Re: Honda 22000eu to run a Webasto16000

We Just got our Engel M040. Can I pick your brain about it?
tomlisasail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 13:21   #17

Boat: Hunter Legend 35.5

Interesting story, but the newer generators are much more thrifty than older models, quieter too. I prefer a built in diesel genset, extra fuel capacity, more available watts than I need, more btus of heating or cooling, hot and cold running mermaids, never ending supply of rum and limes. Then there is the ugly reality of funds available. Life sucks, then you buy a boat. Get over it.
SV Toucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 17:33   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Honda 22000eu to run a Webasto16000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlisasail View Post
We Just got our Engel M040. Can I pick your brain about it?

What is it, that you want to know? It’s really just a plug it in, set a temp that works for you and that’s it. Defrost it every now and again when it needs it, due to the evaporator being thin and having little mass, it defrosts quite quickly.

I’d recommend trying it for awhile and decide if you like it, if you don’t, then send it back before 30 days is over.

If you like it, I’d recommend buying the cover for it, it does help insulate it, cuts down on the condensation issue, and does thankfully quieten the thing down.
Due to the operating principle of the swing compressor there is vibration, and vibration is of course noise.
More money than an insulated cover ought to be, and in my opinion the fridge ought to either be better insulated so it’s not necessary, or it ought to come with it, but it doesn’t.
It ought to also in my opinion come with both a temp display and have a thermostat that you set the temp with, and not numbers that don’t correspond with anything, and the thermostat is a knob that can easily be bumped changing the temp.

However to my knowledge there is nothing out there better, but with the sale that is now going on, I think I would rather have the 45 qt myself.
https://www.engelcoolers.com/catalog...er/category/8/

Only after I tried it enough to know if I wanted to keep it, I would cut the cigarette lighter plug off and wire direct, that plug could cost you hundreds of dollars of steaks, and maybe where they aren’t replaceable either.
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2021, 10:12   #19

Boat: Schucker 436 motorsailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy J View Post
I have a Webasto FCF 12K BTU A/C. My old Honda 2000 would not start it. Fast forward, I installed a Micro Air Easy Start and now have a Honda Companion model 2200 with 30A plug. Starts and runs the A/C without problem even in ECO mode.

Can't say for sure about the 16K unit, but I think you might get similar results.
Davy J- Did you have any problems with the easy start's black wire from the compressor "c" terminal to the the main ckt board? I have the same ac but the drawing provided by micro air shows a connection the the "KA" unit pin 3 which doesnt match the ac box cover drawing (where pins 3 and 4 seem to be reversed). Did you just cut the black wire between the "KA" unit and the small switch towards the compressors "C" terminal and connect the micro airs black wire between (a 3 wire connection)?
sailalibi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
honda