Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2010, 18:54   #22
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyhorob View Post
So, we have a guy who told us his issues on space and what he can and can not fit and ask for ideas on hot water since a gennie would not fit and above is your answer to my idea , wow great help thanks
Tallyhorob,

I'm afraid there are many questions from many different posters in this thread and we all have a hard time keeping them apart. The OP is gonna fit a genset because of Texas heat and humidity with the need for A/C and from there we all went in many directions.

I think you were addressing Akio with the solar shower idea? I was under the impression that the best solution for him was already on the table: a Webasto or Eberspacher hydronic unit. They are so small that they fit everywhere and no bigger than the instant (electric we all assume) water-heaters that Akio himself was looking at.
Akio's comments about hot showers and the wife's demands plus the idea for an instant heater is an indication for me that the camping style isn't a viable solution for him. You might also have missed the fact that the hydronic units do not need a genset at all... they burn diesel and use a little DC battery power.

My comment about single hand cruisers was in general and not directed to you... if you took it that way: I am sorry.

cheers,
Nick.
s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternator, generator, inverter